This update adds player progression and unlocks.
Note: There's an extra installer at the end for UE5 dependencies, if you already have them installed it will ask if you want to repair or uninstall them. If this is the case, you can just cancel the installation.
Currently the game contains a full gameplay loop where you fight waves and purchase upgrades between each wave.
This update also adds player progression and unlocks to the game.
Changelog since previous versions uploaded externally:
- Player progress in general has been added.
- You can now unlock new loadouts to spice up a new round which changes what you start with and changes the character's skin.
- SaveGame/Progress should be compatible with game updates, with the exception if some content or progress is significantly changed to where current data no longer makes sense.
- The player character has been visually overhauled.
- The scopescanner has been visually overhauled.
- Kills have been made more impactful.
- Drops and pickups have been made more of an event
- Invincibility frames after getting hit now has visual feedback.
- The cooldown between dodges now also has visual feedback.
- Movement now has some new visual animations.
- Lots of small tweaks and polish to animations, timings, transitions, etc.
- Pop-in of the keybinds overview in the intro room has been improved.
Other fixes and changes:
- Changing menus will no longer move the mouse if you are not using a controller.
- The flashlight now casts some nice dynamic shadows.
- An issue where the hurt sound wouldn't play when players were hurt while wearing armor has been fixed.
- An issue where the player could get stuck in the tutorial room has been fixed.
- One of the lamps in the level broke in the last update, and has been fixed.
- The lights no longer fade out before they are off screen.
- The background hum in the level now properly loops.
- Collisions have been tweaked.
- An issue that caused some sounds to cut out has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where the game didn't slow down as intended when the player dies, the effect should also be smoother.
- The dodge cooldown has been been moved from the beginning of the dodge to the end of the dodge, so that building a long dodge time does not result in infinite dodging.
- Repairs now drops a lot more often and armor has been made rarer.
- Some loud noises have been rebalanced.