v1.7.6 Updates ability assignment behavior, adds the Arcane mage master spell, and adds several tweaks and bug fixes.
- Change to the default behavior when assigning abilities. In previous versions, all class abilities would be assigned unless using a torn script to learn an advanced trait. Now, abilities are assigned in a random nature when a pawn is given a trait. This affects all preperatory character creation and mods such as EDB Prepare Carefully and Android printing. Advancing from precusor traits (magically gifted, physically adept) to advanced traits via use a a full arcane script will always assign all class abilities.
- The Arcane mage master spell "Gateway" has been added. Through intensive research and study, mages have been able to fold reality between two places, allowing instant travel. This knowledge has manifested in two ways - the Arcane mage can now learn the Gateway master spell and perform a mass summon from any colonist occupied map to the caster position.
- Through research and study, colonies are now able to construct the a Portal. These artifacts may then be activated by (and only by) Arcane mages that have learned the Gateway spell. As long as a portal is charged with energy, it is capable of instantly transporting items and pawns to a distant location.
- Exception handling has been added for all abilities that attempt to create, destroy, or move pawns or items. This includes abilities such as teleport, phase strike, blink, summon elemental (and so on). In the event of a failure within the ability, the exception handler will attempt restore any pawns or items involved and then immediately end the ability.
- Trait tweaking - base trait occurence likelihood has been increased; Sniper and Bladedancer traits will now only assign AI to the lowest level of the trait.
- Druid spell "Cure Disease" will now attempt to cure the disease even if the disease has been tended.
- Deconstruction of summoned buildings will no longer return mana potions (returns nothing)
- Undead should no longer attempt to research or tend other pawns (or themself); when undead are created, they will automatically be assigned a 24hr work cycle.
- Tweaked stamina user xp gain - increased to level at approximately the same speed as mages.