NOT Savegame compatible with previous versions! For CK2 2.7.1. Please delete old versions before installing. Install into Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod This build should be stable for both multiplayer and singleplayer!
! As usual, please remove old versions before installing new versions.
! Feature Highlights
- Unique portraits for many of the cultures in Westeros aswell as Valyrian portraits.
- Completely overhauled the entire history of the Vale to increase historical accuracy, with a number of terrain edits.
- Countless fixes and tweaks, including some much-needed love for government types.
~ Corrected the 'Northing' Stepstones name.
~ Nerfed Storm's End.
~ Tweaked countless title flags and CoAs.
~ Countless small history tweaks.
~ Tweaked the duchy colors in the Dusklands and Stormlands.
~ Completely overhauled the entire history of the Vale to increase historical accuracy.
~ Localised the Valyrian Freehold government type.
~ Renamed the Bone King to 'Bloodroyal'
~ Tweaked the stats and DNA (portraits) of many characters, including Mern The Madling.
~ Tweaked many title flags and CoAs.
+ Added many new loadingscreens.
+ House Martell added on the eastern coast of Sunspear.
+ Created the custom scenario of the Bronzemen Rebellion.
+ Introduced unique eye colours for the Valyrians.
+ Introduced unique hair colours for the Tyroshi.
+ Introduced unique child portraits for the Valyrians.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Northmen/Crannogmen/Clansmen/Bronzeman/Craggon cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Muddish culture.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Valeman culture.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Riverlander culture.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Dusklander/Blackwaterman/Crackclawmen cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Stormlander/Evenstar/Waterman/Wrathman/Rainlander cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Ironborn/Pykem/Harlawn cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Westerlander/Goldlander/Cornlander/Fairman cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Reachman/Manderish/North Marcher cultures.
+ Introduced unique portraits for the Wynelander culture.
+ Introduced unique portaits for the Dornish cultures.
+ Added many Wiki of Ice and Fire links to characters around Westeros.
! Rowan / N0body
- Removed some minor rivers in the Vale.
- Removed vanilla customizable localisation
~ Fixed duplicated ambitions.
~ Fixed forming of Dragonstone Kingdom.
~ Fixed law related issues.
- High Valyrians, Valyrian Faith, Rhllor, Dornish, Old Gods, Boashi and The Mother (Seven Heresy) can now go so far as true cognatic in regards to succession.
~ Fixed broken city (baron/count) and merchant (duke and higher) republic governments so they properly persist and are no longer inherited by their liege.
~ Fixed broken government flavours and restored missing government flavours.
~ Fixed broken minor rivers in the Reach.
~ Fixed broken temple governments to avoid them flipping to nomadic hordes. All religions can now have theocracies.
~ Fixed governments and granted certain governments, like the Freehold, the ability to assign titles to characters of foreign government types.
~ Fixed incorrect prestige cost handling for the Kingdom Subjugation casus belli.
~ Iqta renamed to Eastern Feudal, and now has no opinion malus towards their republic overlords for wrong government type.
~ Modified the topology map in a number of locations. Notable changes include:
~ Modified the height of mountains in the Vale, Dorne and a few other locations.
~ Modified province sizes and shapes in a few locations, mostly in the Vale.
~ Modified tree map to have more or less trees in some areas. Lys now actually has trees on the isle too, now!
~ Tweaked Wynelander custom portraits to use their colours.
+ Added Maiden of the Harvest religion, which is dominant in Pentos. Furthermore, all holy sites can be found within Pentos.
+ Added Star Isle, at the mouth of the Torrentine.
+ Added Sweetport Sound, an isle of the coast of Massey's Hook.
+ Added two navigable rivers to the Vale.
+ Added Vine Isle, part of the Duchy of Sunhouse
+ Added Witch Isle, part of the Duchy of Gulltown
~ Introduced unique hair colours for the Valyrians.
~ A few temple buildings added.
~ Bugfixes for Northern characters (wrong dates, duplicated traits, etc)
~ Cultural buildings added for Westerlander, Muddish, Craggon, & Sisterman (lvls 1-2) cultures.
~ All wildling characters added, and all titles Beyond the Wall assigned.
~ A few nicknames and dueling traits given to some wildlings.
~ Artifacts such as Red Rain, Lady Forlorn, and Vigilance are now in the game. Aswell as Dawn, and The Hammer of Justice.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
dose this version have the weapons like valyrian swords ??
Yes it does. Enjoy!
Not exactly. Some characters have unique Valyrian Steel swords, but we don't have generic weapons or ones that can be forged yet.
Having just found out about this mod, i absolutly love it! Especially the colouring of the nations. But as its offcourse still a work in progress it has it flaws. Was wondering mostly about the retinues, are they going to be implemented? It might have been mentioned in a way earlier post, so forgive the repeat 'offense' if it has been answered/asked before.
Happy to hear! :)
As for retinues, it is something we will likely look at in the future, but quite possibly something we won't add - largely because Westerosi nations did not have standing armies, especially during this period.
In fact, we're looking to improve the personal mercenary company mechanics as a replacement for retinues in Westeros.
They're expensive, can be bought out by other nations but also fill the role of a standing force. We're going to tone down their disloyalty and events that result in them leaving you (even if you have a son assigned as the commander, which is a bit silly).
Very interessting idea for the mercenary companies! Looking forward to how you guys will figure that one out, im guessing it'll create quite the headache!
Besides the retinues and mercenaries companies, my game (playing as the Lannisters) has progressed sufficiently far that i do have some comments on the gameplay:
- The disbanding of armies is rather costly in manpower imo, im guessings its at around 10% of the total army.
- The raids... god the raids.. not even the vikings are as bad as these fricking Iron Islanders. Might if at all possible be toned down a little bit, as im getting raids continuesly and without mercy, its trying to scrape out water of a boat which get more and more holes the further the game progresses. And im not talking about a few hundred raiders...nooo thousands, between 3k and 4k and some even bigger! Driving me nuts!
- The prestige system is very good i might add! Its accumulating fast enough for duchy claims and for building castles! One needs to really be carefull for this one as you cant just spend prestige on nilly willy. You'll need to make an educated decision here, for realm stability, upgrading your realm.
- The difference in skill set immense, and im talking about the difference in starting characters where most characters have 15/20+ on most skills. Compared to later generations where one can be pleased if a heir/characters develops on his own enough skill set to go past the 10 on any skill! My question/suggestion here is, can/are there gonna be any more events/mechanics on improving your heir with say: special training for Martial (Squire training), Learning (Writing and reading with a priest), Diplomacy/Intrigue (Being part of decision making of your main character and observing and discussing with your main, and thus 'forming' his thoughts and experiences) Stewardship (managing a certain part of the household in your capital or a province) (or make the mod: 'Your Personal Castle' compatible or included it with the mod, as this allows more personal development over time) These are just some suggestions, do with them whatever you want!
p.s. Love the levy-professional armies!!! :D
p.p.s Im not sure how, but you guys managed to make the game a heck of a lot harder to stabilise your realm against rebellions, factions. Its quite overwhelming, and thats coming from a player with over 600 hours in ck2...
Included link to pic of a 'regular month of raiding'.
Thanks for the detailed feedback! :)
For disbanding, you lose roughly 5% of the levy when you disband. This is to deter disbanding instead of fighting as it is something many players (including myself) exploited without paying much thought. Plus, it's somewhat realistic that it might be harder to re-raise the levy you just sent home.
I do need to look into changing the locals for it though, so people have a better idea of why they're losing those men.
Ouch! You are being raided fairly hard. I'll look at toning down raid aggression, especially with the more united raider realms we've got now. Mind you, the raid aggression is actually lower than Vanilla!
If you want to change it for yourself, go into the mod:
Edit 00_defined_tweaks.lua and find line
NDefines.NAI.RAID_AGGRESSION = 20
You can bump that number up higher. Vanilla is 18 - higher makes them less aggressive (I assume it's some sort of MTTH for raid decision making).
Heirs and there stats are certainly something I will look into for the next update. At the moment their base stats do not really compare to the stats of many of the starting characters (mind you, a number of them are heroes of a sort).
Factions certainly need more fine-tuning, but it is due to a lot of reliance on Conclave - many realms are unstable purely because they lack an empowered council, which makes things quite hard to begin with.
It /is/ easier to manage a realm in our mod than Vanilla, but our realms compare to some of the largest Vanilla Kingdoms and/or Empires in size, which means many more people to be upset about you (plus traits and opinion matter much more in our mod than Vanilla).
However, there will be some major economy re-balance down the line (probably with the next patch, once again), so many of these lords will be considerably weaker.
Having played a bit again, i found a few thing to suggest to you guys. So simply put, take it as feedback from my viewpoint.
- Once having gained the 'Empire' rank of the Westerlands i did notice there is not a 'De Jure Duchy Conquest' im not sure why it wouldnt be there. But let me state my reason for why it should be there: As a conqueror one has the disadvantage on playing on the enemies home turf. Thus it should be more advantageous to defend said home turf. Conquerors can simply spend the prestige on the duchy or even kingdom subjugations claims, but the 'defending party' has only the exact same options. But as i stated before its his (defending) home turf. So that faction should have an easier time and Claim to regain lost duchies. I would definitly leave it at just the duchy lvl and not the kingdom lvl as that would be way too impactfull for the gameplay.
- Second point is religion, im guessing this needs more fleshing out, but ill just drop my two pennies here. As of yet i havent found a way to change your religion during a (only) 144+ year game. Either by taking and placing your capital on say: The Seven faith province, where before you hold the faith of the Old Gods. And where one could change religions if one had his capital on a different faith province. There is only as far as i know the converting option. But no-one(AI) even dares to put his priest on any off my provinces. Also i did notice that religion change is either very slow or non-existent for my game. As i couldn't really see any change at all, unless i put my own priest to convert a province. Im guessing some AI behaviour has been limited or disabled on changing the religion of their province. Maybe make an event (Adventure/Encounter with/to a different religion)?
- The money issue, we all love money offcourse ingame. But i did miss one big factor with a big arrow pointing towards money/gold/jewels. Whether it is or isnt planned for future releases im not sure, but i did miss the good ol' "Iron Bank". Or is this scripted to appear later in game? For where can one loan money? Having played as the Lannisters and reasonably knowing how to manage my realm, money rarely was an issue for me. But id sure love to see that, but with dire consequences if one cannot pay the bank back (Adventureres keep coming (backed by the Iron Bank) every half year? Only a suggestion, not even a good one at that :S )
- Before i start, i havent seen all artifacts in the mod yet. So forgive me for overlooking anything thats already implemented. Artifacts really give a big impulse for me to spend massive amounts of money and resources to aquire them. A high tiered sword alone cost me over 2000 gold. Not a problem. But its all weapons, crowns and scepters. I was wondering (and hoping) that it would be possible to add in "Armor Artifacts" which can be aquire via smith (via the intrigue on request always readily availabe hopefully!) or adventure/event. Said armor would consist of 3 simple tiers: 1. Leather, 2. Chainmail, 3. Platemail. Would absolutly love to see this back in this mod! But thats just me hoping!
Hope this will cover it for now! Ill be sure to tell you guys anything else i found, or not if this is kind of a bother to you guys!
But as always keep up the awesome work!! Im a Fan!! :D
Small addition to what i found during gameplay:
- Once your province (Casterly Rock) is at lvl 3 prospering for a certain amount of time it gets the option to expand the holdings by 1. Ive had this happen to me 2 times! Maxing the province of Casterly Rock from 4 to 6 holdings! But there appears to be a problem, as i cant acces/build the holdings into a city/castle/church holding. It shows them available in the province holdings. But you cant acces or click on them so to upgrade the holding! There also doesnt appear a green edge of available to build on.
Hope this info helps! If not i can always upload my save!
Sadly there isn't a whole lot we can do about the holding issue.
The tool used to fill the thousand four hundred provinces doesn't support that update, and we'd have to literally go through all of the files and add extra unbuilt baronies for over thousand four hundred provinces.
I'll look at the CB, as that isn't right. You should always have County, Duchy and Kingdom subjugation (unless you are below said rank, ie a Count won't have Duchy subjugation).
There are a few ways to change religion. IIRC changing to local religion is possible, so long as your capital is on that province. You can also switch to the religion of a wife or concubine by interacting with them.
You can also be converted by other realms, though the AI doesn't seem to do it (or often).
There will be a huge rebalance of economy, and currently there are no plans for a bank. Problem with banks is that they can be exploited easily - take money out and then get yourself killed, therefore you'll never have to pay it back.
You can get quite a few artifacts at random through events atm, but it's entirely random. One of our guys is working on a market system atm that will allow buying of specific items.
So I was playing on the Iron Isles and I ran into a problem that the cost of armies and ships is too high that raiding becomes really uneffective. And when will you add landbridge icons because I couldnt see if the island were connected or not
Costs are generally very high, but it is very easy to make a lot of money from raiding. The free cities, such as Pentos, can be siege downed for huge sums of gold - far more than you could possibly lose.
Indeed, most raiders can make thousands every few years from effective raiding, so long as you avoid high level forts. Westeros is very poorly developed, so initially it isn't worth it to raid them (unless you go for some prime provinces, like Lannisport).
It crashes on startup for me. :(
Oh darn, that is odd.
You're using CK2 2.7.1 right? And no other mods with The Seven Kingdoms? And if you've used a prior version, you've deleted the old mod install?
Worst case, you might want to validate cache integrity for the game and then reinstall the mod from scratch. That usually fixes it for some people.
Hey! I was wondering about the trait names with spaces in between. I'm trying to add the custom traits Strong Constitution and Legendary Warrior to my character via console commands, but <add_trait strong_constitution> or <add_trait legendary_warrior> doesn't seem to work. Ambidexterous and Intelligent seemed to work though.
(P.S just for correction sake, it's actually spelled Ambidextrous. I also noticed when you have a ward and the ward learns from you it says "you're ward has learned from you" instead of "your", just something i noticed!)
Love the mod so far! I'll keep waiting for updates!
Thanks! Missed Ambidextrous (won't be able to change the internal name, as that would break saves though), but already caught the other stuff internally. We've got some non-English speaking people on the team, so they might've got a few things wrong. ;)
Some traits don't match up with the localisation, so Legendary Warrior in this case would be dueling_legend whilst Strong Constitution is strong_physique.
You can go into the traits folder and dig through the traits files if you're having issues with other trait names.
Thanks a lot! :)
I downloaded it. Where do I extract these files to?
Before asking anything, be sure to check the page description ;)
Install into Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod
sup, just so you guys know i loged in to my moddb account ,just so that i can thank you for this masterpiece of a mod. please keep mod alive!!
You guys gotta ask the CPR devs to help out with the portraits
We are actually incorporating many of the assets from CPR into the mod.
All players say non-playable any suggestions
Make sure you are using no other mods with TSK. Apparently ruler Designer unlocker causes this issue. However next TSK update will have an unlocked Ruler Designer.
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
best. mod. ever.
not because of the gameplay enhancement, but because of the number of provinces.... you see.... im a little conqueror, and i like to conquer things ;)
Hey great mod, I tried it out in SP and worked fine. Tried playing MP but it keeps crashing when I load in. My friend can connect and all but it just quits straight to desktop. No DLCs enabled or other mods. Verified cache redownloaded and reinstalled the mod. We tested a vanilla MP game and worked fine.
This seems to occur to a small minority of people. Unfortunately as of right now we do not have a fix. Try deleting your Crusader Kings 2 folder in your documents/paradox interactive directory. Do a full clean install and try again. If this does not work you'll have to wait for the next update which may fix your issue.
Make sure to remove your saves from the folder before you delete it!
i got this localization error from an event:
"i have been reading 'Ars Moriendi', and it claims that death is not something a true Christian should be afraid of"
when i download this mod it doesn't pop up on my mod list, how can i get this to work?
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.
Rowan, i have an idea, dont know if it's possible or not, or if it's an old idea that's already in other mods.
so the idea is, every time your character win a battle, he'll get a point, and after say he won 5 battles, he'll get a bonus trait called "experienced commander", after 10 he'll get "veteran commander", etc. this trait perhaps will affect things like movement, supply limit, offense or defense, etc.
but if you keep losing battle, say you lost 3 battles in a row, you'll lose 1 level of the trait... until you get a negative trait like "bad commander"
this mod doesn't work
Describe not working. Have you correctly installed it?
I downloaded the file but it didn't show up in my mod list
After I start playing and around 4 days pass 5 or 7 pop ups come up without any text and I can't turn them off
Make sure no other mods are enabled, and you are using the latest version of CK2.
When will there be priests' for the old gods faith?
This comment is currently awaiting admin approval, join now to view.