THIS PATCH IS BROKEN, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW FULL VERSION INSTEAD! The first patch for the American Civil War Mod: Revived is ready for release! With this patch comes the fix for the map camera, new advanced formation and fire orders, important fixes to many of the scenes in the mod, numerous fixes to the dialogue, redone musket sounds, changes to some of the music, and more!
THIS PATCH IS BROKEN, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE NEW FULL VERSION INSTEAD!
Download the winrar package containing the patch files.
Open the package, open the "ACWMR Patch #1" folder, and extract the "American Civil War Mod Revived" folder to your modules folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules).
Overwrite all existing files inside the old mod folder with the files from the patch.
Start the mod and play! This patch is save game compatible.
- New advanced formation and fire orders. Much thanks to DoDoCat!
- Map camera issue fixed. A big thank you to DarthKiller!
- Issue with soldiers using fists instead of melee weapons fixed. Thank you very much eawtan!
- Trench warfare is being introduced to siege scenes.
- Siege scenes without trenches have been tweaked to at least be more survivable for attackers. The only exceptions are siege scenes that require the use of siege towers, these remain unfinished for now.
- New game entry points fixed and the starting scenes are cleaned up a bit.
- Tournament scenes with strange buildings are being fixed. For now, I am just removing the buildings, so most arenas will just be a wilderness map. I am still not sure what to do with tournaments. I have one idea I am considering, to make them into fist fights that can be bet on, and you can of course participate in them and bet on yourself. I am going to keep thinking about it and if anyone out there has any good ideas, I'm open to your suggestions.
- Village scenes edited, all scenes with game breaking mistakes and invalid objects have been fixed.
- Made the musket firing sound effects quieter, and replaced two of the sound effects with higher quality recordings.
- Changed the sound effect for incoming bullets, they should feel a little more threatening now.
- Changed the sound effect of bullets hitting dirt.
- Changed references to "ransom" to "parole" to be more accurate to history, except for quests that involve criminal kidnappings where a ransom is demanded.
- Army of the Pensacola recruits changed from "Confederate Volunteer Infantry Recruit(s)" to "Confederate Home Guard(s).
- Confederate Experienced Volunteers upgrade changed from marksmen to skirmishers until they reach veteran tier.
- Tweaked dialogue for entering into a mercenary contract, to be more suitable to the concept of enlisting as a low ranking officer, leading a small company of volunteers you raise yourself. Becoming a "commissioned officer" with commanding generals changed to requesting or being offered a promotion to a senior officer's rank. If you or the commanding general accept, you will be "promoted to general". So basically, you start off as a lower ranking officer, such as a captain, you decide to become involved in the war and raise a company of soldiers. Pick your side, and you can either enlist with the contract, or just keep fighting until you are offered a promotion to general or can successfully request one.
- Changed references to your party being a "regiment" to a "company". The size of the player's party is not large enough to be considered a regiment. Reaching regimental strength (300 - 400 men) would take a long time to level up your character to reach that leadership skill.
- The player's starting leadership skill changed to 9, and charisma to 25 in order to accommodate 100+ soldiers, bringing the player's party up to company strength. (If reaching regimental numbers becomes common among players, I will change references to companies back to regiments again).
- Recruiting soldiers in "denars" changed to "dollars", along with multiple other references to denars.
- Lingering references to "marshal" replaced with "chief of staff".
- Changed dialogue option, "sneak into castle/town", changed to "sneak into fort/city".
- Changed dialogue option, "sneak through gates" to "sneak through picket lines".
- Changed dialogue option, "besiege castle/town" to "besiege fort/city".
- Updated character info screen. Replaced references to vassal, lord, fiefs, etc.
- Fixed grammar errors when joining battle.
- Numerous other small tweaks and fixes to dialogue.
- Whitworth rifle melee added to markets.
- Union and Confederate Lancers are now equipped with revolvers as secondary weapons.
- All cavalry units now only use horses with saddle bags.
- Added Morgan horses with saddlebags to markets and gave them to all cavalry units.
- All cavalry units now use several different horse breeds.
- Removed most of the Morgan horses without without saddlebags from markets. They will still appear in marketplaces but they shouldn't be as abundant. If you are loading a saved game, the markets will adjust over time, and the Morgan horses without saddlebags will still be common for a while.
- Removed the broken cannons and cannon balls from markets.
- "Defeated_by_neutral 2" music track and the "escape" track were the same song, so now the escape song is the same track, but cut shorter, and the defeat song is entirely new, and more appropriate.
- "Defeated_by_neutral 3" music track was too long, and has been shortened to less than a minute and a half.
- "Town_nord" music track replaced. This was a left over native track that I missed.
- "Town_rhodok" music track replaced.
- "Fight_as_rhodok music track trimmed.
- Main menu and launcher screen picture have received a small update, they look much better now.
- British Canada (Khergits) and the Army of the Potomac (Vaegirs) start every new game being at war. Changes made to relations in Morgh's editor seem to have no effect.
- Unable to recruit your own factions troops from captured villages.
- Musket fire sound effects randomly cut out.
- Some scenes need to be overhauled or replaced entirely.
- Some locations are in the possession of the wrong faction.
- Outlaw parties use their native names (Sea Raiders, Mountain Bandits, Looters, etc.)
- The last thing mountain bandits say before entering battle is broken. I have checked the quick_strings.txt for the problem, but have so far been unable to find where it is.
- The starting year is wrong.
- Generals will sometimes use the flag of the wrong side, or a banner from native.
- Generals will not wear their uniforms inside halls and castles, only waistcoats.
- Unbalanced AI army compositions.
- Disproportional casualties when battles are auto-resolved or the player is knocked unconscious.