The American Civil War Mod: Revived version 1.5 is ready for a full public release! This new version includes many great new additions, such as new weapons, new uniforms, new units, new sounds, new animations, voice commands, and much much more! Continue reading below for a full changelog, and refer to the latest article for in depth dive into some of the great new additions to the mod. A great deal of thanks is due to Matsuri5, Helm8000, Эльдар, Kawooz_Mirza, pizzaman6, UwU_XD, the Blood and Iron team, Tasmit, and all the help from members of the community reporting bugs, giving suggestions, and providing support for the mod in every way; none of this would be possible without you all and the hard work you put in to help with this mod's development.
Please be aware that this new version is not save game compatible.
- Download the winrar package called, "ACWMR v1.5", to your desktop or wherever you want.
- Open the package and extract the folder inside called, "The American Civil War Mod Revived v1.5", to your modules folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules).
- Download the hotfix and follow the provided instructions.
- Start Mount & Blade: Warband, select the mod from the drop down menu, and if everything works, you should be able to play the mod.
I learned how to get soldiers to reload while walking, and it is extremely easy and causes no issues. Here is how to add it your copy of the mod:
1. Open the module.ini for the civil war mod
2. Go all the way to bottom and copy and paste this under the last line: can_reload_while_moving = 1
3. Save and exit. That's it!
This will be included in all future releases of the mod. Enjoy!
Instructions for using the new voice commands feature (optional):
- First, you will need to download and install a program called "VoiceBot" from here: Voicebot.net. This program is for free and will be fully functional for this purpose. It can also be used for other games as well. There are some limitations to the free version, but nothing that prevents you from using and enjoying the program with this mod.
- After installing VoiceBot, you will need to import the voicebot profile that I included in the mod package. This can be done by going to the settings in the program and you will see a button for importing and exporting profiles. Extract the voicebot profile folder to the desktop or your preferred destination, click import in the voicebot program, find where you extracted the voicebot profile and import the profile inside of the folder. I have also included the sound files for the bugle calls, I'm not sure if the sounds will play in the program without them. The folder can simply be placed on the desktop for quick and easy reference.
- After the profile is imported, I strongly recommend you familiarize yourself with the commands, and if you prefer to use a different voice command to execute an order, you can change it to another word by editing the macro.
- You should also train your microphone to recognize your voice, if you haven't done so already, because VoiceBot relies on speech recognition software that is used for voice-to-text programs, so it may not always recognize your voice, especially if your computer has never heard your voice before.
- When using the program, it is possible to use a built in microphone, however a headset or a separate mic is preferred because it picks up your voice more clearly. You should also make sure there is as little background noise as possible so that it does not interfere with the microphone recognizing your words.
- You can press play to make the program start to listen and press pause to make it stop. You can easily alt+ tab in game to turn it off when you are not in combat or don't want to use it.
- For more detailed instructions on how to use the VoiceBot program, please refer to their website.
- New historically accurate weapons.
- Voice commands made possible with the voicebot program, inlcuding proper bugle calls that play when your orders are understood.
- New units for both sides.
- New uniforms and hats for both sides.
- New animations for running forward and standing idle with a musket.
- Union uniforms with blanket rolls added.
- Union uniforms with no backpack or blanket roll updated to have proper kit with cartridge and percussion cap box, bayonet, canteen, etc.
- New textures added to blanket rolls on infantry uniforms for both sides.
- Union officer uniform's belt buckle updated with a better texture.
- Different ranks added to officer's uniforms with corresponding chevrons.
- Union flagbearers given First Sergeant and Sergeant Major uniforms.
- Cavalry troop tree expanded with tiers of veterancy and famous units made to be "elite" units, at the end of the upgrade tree.
- Reserve Infantry added to the Confederate Army of the Pensacola troop tree, including tiers of veterancy.
- Many new flags added that can be carried in battle.
- New death screams sound effects.
- New sound effects for incoming bullets and bullets impacting the ground.
- Two male victory cheers replaced.
- The campaign map has been overhauled with new and better named locations, including Washington D.C.
- British Canada faction changed to a Native American faction called, "Plains Nations", and all territories moved west. No longer at war with Union from the start of the game, and if they do declare war, they are too far away to do anything other than harass the most western locations.
- Plains Nations have historically named lord/faction leader characters, a basic troop tree and use placeholder weapons. Very early progress with them, they are going to receive more attention in the future.
- Grammar error in join battle menu fixed. (Move in to help the "...", replaced with Move in to help "...")
- Starting year changed to 1862.
- New mouse cursor. Instead of a spear point, it is a minie ball.
- General's faces changed to look closer to real life.
- Companion faces edited.
- Some ladies have had their appearances edited. Not finished.
- New escape menu picture, replacing the old native one
- New battle user interface icons for player and horse health.
- Removed steppe chargers from markets
- Union regulars infantry officers given infantry officer's hats.
- Removed great swords from start up merchants, replaced with hatchets.
- Faces of start up merchants edited.
- Cleaned up some of the start up merchant's houses.
- Albert Sidney Johnston had the wrong uniform, now has the correct one.
- First quest with kidnapped brother, bandit's hideout edited. Invalid objects removed, made to look nicer.
- General's responses to promotion requests fixed.
- Minor dialogue fixes.
- Flags inside of the New Orleans tavern removed.
- Added CSA canteen texture to replace the US one that some Confederate soldiers were using.
- Cavalry Campaign Hat with the wrong name fixed.
- Removed confederate officer hat from confederate renegades.
- Removed the one male victory cheer that I had added in the previous version, it is not suitable as it is a crowd cheering, and the original sound effect is meant for a single individual.
- Price of weapons greatly reduced. Now cost the same as they did during the time of the civil war.
- Removed horses with cannons form markets.
- Changed prices of horses to reflect historical prices.
- Changed prices of uniforms, hats and shoes.
- Ramrod and linstock removed from markets.
- Henry repeating carbine removed from markets. There is no such gun in existence, only Henry repeating rifles.
- References to general/player's party changed to forces.
- Item name "federal battle flag(s)" changed to "union battle flag(s)"
- New models for infantry shoes
- New models for bare feet, so legs do not show through pants.
- Item name "infantry shoes" changed to "infantry brogans"
- New battle map unit icons (bugle for infantry, crossed rifles for archers, crossed sabers for cavalry)
- Cavalry kepi's added to all Union cavalry units, with the proper crossed swords insignia on the top.
- References to feast changed to ball/party.
- Messenger picture changed to a new painting.
- Entry points that were in bad locations on some villages have been fixed.
- Some village locations have had their scenes made to look a bit nicer.
Please report any bugs in the forums and have fun with the mod!