This demo shows destructible 2D terrain and objects. Six weapons are available to destroy terrain and objects. You can also check out the built-in editors.
I was trying to make the code from my 2014 destructible terrain demo work again and I got carried away. It is still based on Box2D, Clipper and Poly2Tri libraries, but is much more advanced.
Here are some of the new features:
- support for multiple destructibles
- FBO or polygon based destructibles
- dynamic destructibles with rotation, scaling and proper UV mapping
- debris - fake voronoi triangulation, particle effects, decals
- support for holes and enclosed environments
- preservation and destruction of joints
If the link here is broken you can try downloading from my blog: