This update comes with one major feature, which lets the player change the RGO of a province to whatever the terrain type can support. But that is not all, the economy is largely tweaked as well and there are also changes to the map, as well as some other minor changes.
List of Changes
- New 'building' called Change RGO in province view that lets the player exploit local agricultural or forestry resources that fit the terrain type. Requires Free Trade tech. (Note: it takes some days for the event to pop up after the building is constructed!)
- The economy got tweaked, especially through the late game, as the demand of goods will not rise as much with every invention, so the demand of goods will mostly depend on populations and their income, not some arbitrary modifier such as how many inventions the country has unlocked.
- Redrew some of the Carpathians and Transylvania to be more accurate. Most notably there are more forests and the Southern Carpathians got added to the map.
- Readjusted pop needs.
- Scrapped the Trade Port idea, as there was no good way to implement it due to modding limitations regarding the AI.
- The AI should manage its finances a bit better, they will now raise tariffs to max when a protectionist party is in charge and the game time is before the year of 1890. After 1890 they will have somewhat lower tariffs to make their factories a bit more profitable.
- Nerfed the Russian AI cheat modifier, it was quite OP.
- Pops will start to starve when they get under 60% life needs (previous value was 80%).
- Clothes now need cattle to be manufactured to simulate the need for leather for shoes.
- Other minor changes
As always, leave bug reports and suggestions in the comments bellow, or DM me. Also, a lot of the new changes to pops have not been tested much due to the limited amounts of time I have to both mod and play this game, so weird things are to be expected. Especially in this update, as it changes a lot about pops. I would appreciate it if you could PM me your save file near the end of the game so that I could get some data on how things look in the late-game economy.
There's also a discord channel group on the Victoria 2 modding server dedicated to this mod.