Shores of Infinity version 0.3.3b for Star Ruler 2 version 2.0.3
Immerse yourself in a cosmos that looks and feels more realistic and bigger than ever in SR2. Experience a slower paced, more traditional 4X gameplay blended with the original real time aspect of the game.
Evolve in a universe where each star system is a distant milestone promising a wealth of new resources and opportunities; where the speed of light is a real boundary and FTL is not an option.
Welcome to the Infinity. Don't lose your way en route to the next sun...
This version is a beta. Balance is experimental and far from final. Game progression may also feel a bit slow, especially in the beginning of the game; this will be fine-tuned and balanced with more content in future versions.
Competitive multiplayer games are not recommended until balance is fine-tuned.
Current version: 0.3.3b
Based on Rising Stars v1.2.1
- A universe with a scale closer to reality: stars dwarf planets, which dwarf ships. If you still feel a bit cramped, try visiting the local supermassive black hole.
- Gas and ice giants and their numerous moons are waiting for adventurous settlers.
- New star and system types, including ternary and quaternary systems and neutron stars.
- Relativistic physics elements, aka Einstein messing with Newton: sublight speed cannot exceed the speed of light and acceleration loses effectiveness as it gets closer to it.
- A new settlement management feature bringing morale, civil acts and more mechanics to the game, with its own user interface.
- A new planet exploration option will widen your horizon below the stars.
- A new research grid maximizing options and logically organizing technologies in six wide areas: Governance, Engineering, Industry, Warfare, Harnessing, and Efficiency.
- A rebalanced gameplay progression and economy stressing the immensity of space as you climb the technological ladder to finally rule the stars.
- New buildings and orbitals introducing new ways to take advantage of the environment.
- New subsystems opening new gameplay options, including a weapon modification system.
- Overhauled government options with deep and durable impacts on gameplay.
- Overhauled mechanics for Mechanoid, Star Children and Ancient lifestyles.
- An improved AI with better budget management and new construction capabilities.
- Most features from Rising Stars up to the currently supported version.
- The Star Ruler 2 dev team for creating such an open modding engine with almost endless possibilities.
- The ABEM / Rising Stars dev team and especially Dalo Lorn for their hard work who provided me with a huge starting point with their mod.
- dolynick whose work on rescaling the game for DOF saved me hours of research and work, that I could use to expand on it.
Detailed Release Notes: