If you just want to PLAY then download the other file called Riot First Release. These are the dedicated server files, patched up to 1.4.6 so it contains all server side fixes and features. This server works with old version of the mod, in downloads it is called Riot First Release, or get it on Steam Workshop (but Steam Workshop version WILL NOT let you log on to the server unless you first apply the fix described on the mod's Steam Workshop page). List of all the features and fixes within these server files can be found in the description.
These are the dedicated server files, patched up to 1.4.6 so it contains all server side fixes and features. This server works with old version of the mod, in downloads it is called Riot First Release, or get it on Steam Workshop (but Steam Workshop version WILL NOT let you log on to the server unless you first apply the fix described on the mod's Steam Workshop page).
For amins: there is an old glitch with admin menu - whenever you raise a server, you should manually set team damage options in admin panel, even if they are already set the way you want them to. Has to be done only once when server is raised. This goes for: Allow ranged friendly damage, Allow melee friendly damage, Team damage self, Team damage friend.
So even if some option is set the way you want, do it again, for example if box is checked then check it off and on again, also manually reinput team damage values (0/100). Preferred setup for all features to work as intended is: ranged team damage ON, melee team damage ON, damage self: 0, damage friend: 100
Battle mode, team damage on, rioters outnumber the police, 1-2 squad leaders with pistols, 1-2 teargas launchers, 1-2 shotguns, everyone else shield&baton.
For tiny events with not many rioting players the rioters should get 20+ bots, and enable the option to switch to bot after death.
PvP event round: Police not allowed to attack first, can only attack rioters who commit violent provocation, or if the system brands them wanted, but it is preferred to cuff them (spam X with a pistol). If a rioter player is frozen by a pistol and the text reads "Innocent" the police has to unfreeze him by kicking him. After some time passes, the police may attack those who are just suspicious as well. Police not allowed to pickup rioter weapons.
-Two more causes of crashes fixed.
-Reloading any weapon of pistol class disabled.
-Pistol-shield crash, the main if not the only cause of client crashes has been fixed, yay.
-Can't glitch to shoot out of fire extinguisher any more, it was fun while it lasted
-Penalty for killing an innocent player in any way, nearby bots may rush you and make you their primary target. Not much of a penalty if you're behind a barricade obviously, but that makes sense. As any other penalty, it will not activate if murdered player had firearm wielded.
-Pistol always drops to the ground when its holder dies, whether it was wielded or not. This should make it easier for rioters to grab it.
Small updates to fire extinguisher:
-Made easier to use, now you don't have to wield it in hands before pressing P, if it is anywhere in your inventory slot it will auto equip. This was needed since item icon doesn't update properly if you change to extinguisher (old NW bugs) so you had to look at your character's hands to check whether you equipped it and a mistake would lead to surrender animation instead. Now you can't surrender with fire extinguisher anywhere in your inventory.
-Fire extinguisher drops to the ground after player's death whether it was wielded by player or not, since it is an important tool.
Short term plans (planned for next server updates):
-Make pistol drop to the ground whether it was wielded or not. This will balance it out for the rioters a bit.
-Leftover plans listed under server update 1.2
-Player cops who wield a pistol and kick an innocent player will not lose pistol licence anymore
-Map fix, removed scene props which caused some of crashes (red barrels are evil)
-Police vehicle will not spawn for now, until it is made more stable
- Fire extinguishers - sergeant class (but not brute crew sergeant ) will spawn with fire extinguisher. I was able to add it because the model already existed in version of the mod everyone downloaded, but it's use is rough around edges as it is all server-side scripting. You have to wield it and press P (surrender) button to put out flames from burning humans in front and near you. For RP reasons it will work on any player who is on fire disregard of their faction. I only added them because they are needed. In actual mod update fire extinguishers will be much easier to use and their particle effect will look much better.
- Victory when everyone in enemy faction are cuffed/disabled. This is to disable boredom of player in a faction where all player and bots are cuffed or dead. This is an experimental feature that will be switchable ON/OFF by admin in the next mod version, the server has it ON to test it. Atm you still have to kill someone to trigger this victory even if everyone are cuffed/disabled.
This introduces custom victory message which is a bit bleak and uneventful, sorry about that, will be fixed in the next update.
- Spawning as cuffed or disabled bot is disabled, in a bit crude way, needs more work.
-Fixed all the bugs from update 1
- WANTED SYSTEM change: shooting an innocent player who is wielding a firearm in his hands will count as self defence and will not lose pistol licence
- Holding shield ready will prevent molotov damage and catching molotov fire, unless explosion is behind shielder. This means shield walls against molotovs should be possible now, but a well aimed or lucky throw may still cause disruption in a line. Counting this as a feature as molotov has radius effect and m&b engine for shields doesn't work there.
- IDENTIFICATION now works, halting players will give you their name and wanted status.
Short term plans (planned for next server updates):
-identifying a civ who has firearm anywhere among his equipment slots will make him wanted for posession
(ADDED) -add some penalty for beating innocent players to death, nothing too harsh though
-do something about players trapped in cuffed pose without anyone around to kill them
(ADDED) -good news is your current client version already have fire extinguisher items, so you may be able to use them in some of next server updates (won't have to wait for full client update)
(ADDED) -prevent that horrible cavalry glitch we should not talk about
-Removed those spammy debug messages
-Cops will no longer halt&disarm&cuff each other with pistol.
-Rioters who get hold of pistol will still be able to halt&disarm but cannot cuff.
-Teargas can only spawn 3 gas shells now. Teargas spam is unrealistic and may crash the server. This is a dirty fix since it is server side only, so you will still see yourself shooting with teargas launcher but no new shells will be created after you fire 3.
These are experimental, will be tweaked/fixed further. These apply to human players only and not bots:
-WANTED SYSTEM for civilian players: players will spawn with a clean record. If your record is clean: cops will not be able to put cuffs on you, and if a player cop shoots a pistol at you he will lose pistol licence, meaning he will be disarmed. More benefits to clean record will be added, this is temporary quick solution to help in those situations where player VS player cops just spam pistol shots.
Your record will stop being clean and you will become wanted if you break some laws:
-Damaging anyone (wanted for assault)
-Throwing a molotov (wanted for arson)
-Shooting out of a firearm (wanted for illegal discharge of firearm)
-Spawning as a bot (wanted for questioning. Those who spawn as bots are automatically wanted for gameplay concerns)
Changes in players records will be broadcast as public message.
-PISTOL LICENCE Cop shooting a player with a clean record will lose his pistol on the spot. This will be broadcast as public message.
-IDENTIFICATION Halting players will let you know their name and wanted status. Other ways to identify civilian players will be added later. You won't be able to cuff clean players. Atm you can still freeze them by spamming X with a gun, but their teammates can release them by kicking them.Last edited by Grozni_БаХ; 16 Sep, 2018 @ 6:24pm — See post history