The earth seems to be slowing. Days and nights are getting longer. Every long night gets colder and harsher than the last. How long will you survive?
- DO NOT report bugs within the modded game to Hinterland Studios, it's possible bugs may be due to the mod code, please go to the Relentless Night Discord server to get help for any bugs you encounter.
- The Relentless Night mod is completely fan-made, I have no affiliation with Hinterland Studios.
- The mod is experimental; There is no guarantee it wont corrupt any game saves, although a bug corrupting saves is extremely unlikely.
NEW V3.00 CHANGES:
- (new) All mod gameplay features can now be customized or turned off individually through the custom game setup menu.
- (new) Indoor environments will retain heat from fires much longer after the fire has burnt out. The hotter the fire, the longer it will keep the place warm. In enclosed buildings, fires will heat the whole house/space and better insulated environments will keep warm for longer.
- (new) Temperature will now affect wildlife populations. Roaming wildlife will be less abundant and harder to find in extreme cold temperatures, but also more abundant in relatively warm temperatures.
- (new) You can now adjust how long fuels will burn in a fire or how long lantern fuel will last while in use. All can be adjusted to provide up to 3 times their regular burn times.
- (new) Fixed bug in vanilla game where loot inside of containers in custom games would generate incorrectly, causing things [like this](). The correct amount of loot will now generate for the associated difficulty chosen in custom mode.
- (new) Fixed bug in vanilla game that prevented custom mode option "Wake Up When Freezing" from working. This feature is now functional and enabled in all Relentless Night games.
1. Click the file linking to the TLD Mod Loader and follow the instructions on the page to install it.
2. Place the three .dll files in the 'ModFiles' folder into the 'mods' folder created by the mod loader in step 1.
The 'mods' folder should be in a file path similar to, if not the same as: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/mods"
3. Done! Enjoy!