Racial diversity mod for Endless Space. For details see description and homepage.
This mod contains a number of changes which I feel add diversity to the races in the game. The idea is to make each race different enough, that a player will find it interesting to replay as each different race. This description is for version 1.0.16-02 (note serial 02) released August 25, 2012. Future versions will include more races, and hopefully more stuff.Disclaimer
- USE WITH VERSION 1.0.16 ONLY. As soon as a new version is released I will update the mod.
- This content is not Amplitude's, so this mod is installed at your own risk.
- Text changes are for English language only. The mod will work in other languages but the English text will be present.
- There is currently no way to mod new icons. So I can only reuse some existing icon. The new racial icons are all orange, but they aren't really appropriate to their technologies.
- Includes the community bug fix and balance mod serial 04.
- Reduced size for seed modules (unlocked with Efficient Shielding), removed Atmospheric Shield
- Use transports to quickly fill new systems with lots of clones
- Genesis Project to transform a Terran planet into a Garden of Eden (new tech under Soil Revivification). Known bug: "scissors" reduction icon does not appear unless the planet has some kind of anomaly already.
- Feeble Warriors now additionally gives a -10% on invasion strength.
- Advanced Optics Lab now works best on Arctic; Arctic planets now generate more research than Ocean.
- Improved fleet repair modules. Very large size, very slow, but very effective. Build fleet tender ships and keep them just behind your frontier.
- Fearsome Warriors now additionally gives a +10% on invasion strength.
- Download this zip file: racial-diversity-02.zip
- Unzip into (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding. This will create a new directory (my documents)\Endless Space\Modding\racial-diversity containing a file index.xml and several subdirectories.
- In the main game menu, click the MODS button, find the mod "Racial Diversity", select it and click load.
- To keep the mod loaded: find "Endless Space" in the Steam Library, right click, select properties, and click the "set launch options" button. Add "+mod racial-diversity" to the game launch command line.