It's a set of high resolution textures, created by PrimeviL for default low definition models of "Quake". All textures are included in their unchanged form, they only were converted from initial .png format to .tga format, renamed and sorted by corresponding folders for easy using with "Quake Remake". Some additional HD textures are included too. This pack is also including 4 "ground" models for weapons by OriOn (in default LD style, but with different UVs, which are compatible only with corresponding HD textures). Pack is not including skins for player by PrimeviL (because "Quake Remake" is using another player's model).
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- PrimeviL - initial HD textures for "Quake".
- OriOn - debugged LD models for "Quake".
- _KaszpiR_ - "encrusted" version of texture for v_axe model (v_axe_alt2.tga).
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, skeletal animations of models.
- Qwertyus - porting of "ground" models to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Run your "Quake Remake" game and make sure that you have enabled an "Allow materials" checkbox in a "Video options" dialog screen of the in-game menu. If you didn't enable this checkbox before, restart your game to take an effect (for using of full-color HD textures from "materials" folder).
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. Most of HD textures in this pack (.tga-files, placed in "materials\models" folder) are compatible with default low definition models of "Quake Remake". But it's recommended to use models from "QRU: Fixed LD models" pack, because their UV-maps are more suitable for these textures. For some models are also included alternative versions of textures, with an "_alt" suffix in their names. If you want to use in the game an alternative version of any texture, you need to replace a default texture (e. g. v_rock.tga) with an alternative one (e. g. v_rock_alt.tga) by renaming of their file names. Edited "ground" models are compatible only with included textures (with suffix "PL" in their names).