It's a set of high quality textures & sprites by different authors, created or modified for using with "Quake Remake". This pack is containing new blood, gibs, lightning, fire & explosion effects, plus two textures for keys.
Free for private non-commercial using. Do not distribute as a part of any shitty mods and packs, especially without proper credits, LOL.
- ID Software - original "Quake" game, models, textures & animations.
- PrimeEvil, OSJC, Ruohis - textures for default LD models of human gibs.
- Quake Retexturing/Revitalization Project - textures for default LD models of crate gibs and lavaball.
- Blacknight aka XLR8 - Extreme Comic Blood (for Counter-Strike: Source) for red blood decals.
- dDefinder - Enhanced Blood Textures (for TESV: Skyrim) for yellow blood decals.
- Unknown authors - blood & explosion sprites, textures for default LD models of keys (silver & gold).
- Quake Remake team - "Quake Remake" game, converted models with skeletal animations.
- Qwertyus - flame and lightning textures, editing and porting of all included content to the "Quake Remake" compatible format.
How to use:
- Locate a main directory, where your "Quake Remake" game have been installed, and open a folder inside it, named "ID1".
- Extract all the content from this archive to the "ID1" folder, with overwriting of any existing folders & files.
- Run your "Quake Remake" game and make sure that you have enabled an "Allow materials" checkbox in a "Video options" dialog screen of the in-game menu. If you didn't enable this checkbox before, restart your game to take an effect (for using of full-color HD textures from "materials" folder).
- Play your game and have fun!
P. S. All HD-textures in this pack (.tga-files, placed in "materials\models" folder) are compatible with default low definition models of "Quake Remake". But it's recommended to use models from "QRU: Fixed LD models" pack, because theirs UV-maps are more suitable for these textures, and they are using a fullbright mode for glowing effect on them. Lightning textures are also compatible with corresponding HD-models, which are included in other packs of QRU project.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.