The 1.3.6 incremental patch for Legend of Grimrock.
Direct purchase from Almost Human or GOG.com: you can download a patch here.
If you got the game by other means: The patch should also work for your version of the game. ;-)
1.3.6 Release Notes:
"One nice addition we put into the game is that if you've got a low-spec machine, we've got a new rendering mode that will help the game run much much smoother on older hardware. But the real exciting stuff is the new features for the dungeon editor. I'll add a comprehensive change log to the end of this post but there's one thing we want to highlight here: you can now create custom GUIs. That means you can add 2D graphics on the screen and interact with them using a mouse or keyboard. This means that now you can create, say, dialogues with NPCs, trading interfaces, screens for custom skills and so on. But to show off what the system is capable of doing, yesterday we decided to get off on a bit of a tangent and make a new game from scratch using it. Prepare yourselves for... Toorum's Quest II!!!"
You can now grab the mod from Steam Workshop or Grimrock Nexus and try it out for yourself.
Full changelist for version 1.3.6:
- added new graphics option Render Quality, setting it to low may increase frame rate dramatically on low end systems
- added new game option Tablet Mode, which enables attacking with left mouse button
- added support for wall and pillar placement for LightSources
- entities with pillar placement can now be placed next to walls in the editor
- added anchorPos, anchorRotation, targetPos and targetSize properties for altar definitions
- added new entity property: class
- added new scripting functions: getMaxLevels(), isWall(level, x, y), Party:setPosition(x, y, level, facing), Monster:setPosition(x, y, level, facing), Monster:getHealth(), Monster:getLevel(), Champion:getFood(), Champion:addTrait(trait, silent), Champion:removeTrait(trait), Champion:hasTrait(trait), Item:getScrollImage(), Item:insertItem(slot, item), Item:removeItem(slot), Item:getItem(slot), Item:getItem(slot)
- added getStatistic(statName) (possible statistics are: “play_time”, “monsters_killed”, “items_found”, “secrets_found”, “treasures_found”, “toorum_notes_found”, “skulls_found”, “grimrock_doors_opened”, “tiles_moved”, “pit_falls”, “melee_attacks”, “ranged_attacks”, “unarmed_attacks”, “rocks_thrown”, “spells_cast”, “potions_mixed”)
- added craftingTool property for recipes (support for new crafting tools)
- bug fix: crash when party stops resting and there is a onRest hook but no onWakeUp hook
- lever click box can be adjusted by placing a Node named “lever_node” in the model file
- added new LightSource property: flicker
- added new optional parameter for shootProjectile(): championOrdinal
- added Item:onEquipItem(champion, slot) and Item:onUnequipItem(champion, slot) hooks (works for all inventory slots)
- bug fix: shootProjectile’s offsetX, offsetY, offsetZ parameters don’t work
- added onDrawGui, onDrawInventory, onDrawSkills, onDrawStats hooks to Party class for implementing custom guis
- corrected grammatical errors (thanks Komag!)
- small tweaks to the Grimrock dungeon