The first version of Mystical Rug made available. Very barebones at this point. Controls and issues are listed under read more.
The controls are:
Up and down arrow keys – move forward and backward.
Left and right arrow keys – angle the player up and down.
Z – Fire the selected spell.
X – Turn 180 degrees (required if you want to face the other direction).
Shift – Change spell selection.
Issues I know about:
- When moving up and/or down to the point that the camera’s position changes, the player might be a little twitchy.
- Archer movement is still a bit twitchy.
- When they hit corners, the AI won’t immediately move to the top of the block, but rather float through it.
- Archers aren’t animated.
- When you upgrade the castle, terrain might still appear over it.
- Balloons may get stuck in place occasionally (they SHOULDN’T, but they might).
- No real notification that you’ve won.
- If you hit the terrain and then rotate, you may get stuck until you rotate back and go backwards out of it. I haven’t implemented “anti-stuck” measures for the player yet.
Things I’ve intentionally left out:
- All terrain except water and underground tiles. They seem to be the ones causing issues with level 2 castles.
- Jars. I haven’t finished the sprites for the shrines yet, and I haven’t devised a system for them yet.
- Mini-map. I just haven’t gotten around to it just yet. I just got around to the other elements of the HUD, and some of them aren’t even done yet.
- Sound. Need to get some basic and ambient background sounds done.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.