This is an optional patch - containing new resolutions AND NO-CD resolution files for testing game without original CD / ISO file.
A resolution compatibility update for MechCommander 1 - Gold: Prometheus and Darkest Hours.
This mod will although work with all other MCG standalone versions.
This package includes all new resolutions that where created 2020:
- 25 new resolution files
- 11 new resolutions for notebook monitors (XGA / WXGA / SXGA)
- 1152x864 - (XGA+)
- 1280x720 - (HD 720)
- 1360x768 - (Widescreen XGA - Notebooks)
- 1366x768 - (Widescreen XGA - Notebooks)
- 1400x600 - (Slim Widescreen)
- 1400x768 - (Widescreen XGA - Notebooks)
- 1400x1050 - (SXGA+)
- 1440x600 - (Slim Widescreen)
- 1440x768 - (WXGA)
- 1440x960 - (Widescreen XGA)
- 1440x1080 - (SXGA+)
- 14 No-CD exe resolution files for testing the game without ISO or Original CD usage
Would you like to know more?
High Resolutions: Full HD for MechCommander!
MechCommander: Resolution Notes by RizZen
Menu isn't Fullscreen?
The MechCommander Menu and Logistics where created in a fixed 640x480 resolution. The native MCXOriginal.exe file for MechCommander offers four resolutions where Menu is displayed in fullscreen (stretched 640x480).
All additional resolution.exe files for MechCommander will show the Menus in 640x480 align top left - while the rest of the screen stays blank. In-Mission battle graphics will be fullscreen without any blank areas. Until the menu gets no high res redesign it can not be displayed fullscreen on existent high resolutions.
MechCommander 1 / Gold 2020 - useful links:
(c) by RizZen 2020