Land of Skulls Pre-Alpha 9.5 is Free for everyone to enjoy! Pre-Alpha 10 ended up being huge... and extended in development, so I have decided to split it into to two phases. This Pre-Alpha is the current version to date that Land of Skulls Patreons, Land of Skulls Pirates, and Land of Skulls Testers have fully already explored. Now anyone can enjoy this huge update! Please let me know how you like the direction of Land of Skulls is heading and what maybe you think should change. I listen to your feedback to make future changes. Your thoughts matter to me 100%!
Thanks for checking it out if you, and I hope you enjoy it!
How to Install:
You must have WinZip.
(I will have an Installer Application later in development to make this easier.)
- WinZip No longer needed
- Use Windows to Extract the Zip Folder.
- After Extraction you should be able to run the game.
- Running the wrong LoS.exe file may give you an error.
- If you received an error on trying to run, please use the other exe file you chose not to run.
- The above happens because you may or may not have a 32-bit or 64-bit system.
- Code reworked on player bounce back when enemies are too close to the player. Please leave feedback if it acts up again.
- Roosters may have been messed up as I made a boo-boo on editing them in this build. Please leave feedback if they are acting weird, and I'll fix it.
- Time Passing was reduced to a slower speed by a few lines of code getting worked in to adjust time passing easier depending on player feedback.
- Death of the player caused a fatal error with "Null Reference." This is now fixed and you can die without worry, well... with errors that is.
- Resolution Fix! (Some windows were showing weird at smaller Resolutions. Please let me know if you spot anymore. Thank you! :D)
- Map Feature Available! (Made this available for free players as I felt bad for the fatal null reference error being in the game. Use M Key to display Map.)
- Tutorial Edited to show Map Key.
- Navmesh Issues were fixed.
- Opening Scene now completely overhauled.
- Rad Berry Potions were not giving any healing. (Fixed.)
- Small Potions were not giving correct amount of healing. (Fixed.)
(It's even bigger! Pre-Alpha 10 is going to be so big, I decided to split it into two phases. 9.5 will feature everything testers, LoS Pirates, and Patreons have fully tested and enjoyed.)
New Animal Husbandry:
- Care for your Animals by first Taming them, then Feeding them to get them even more happy!
- Not just wanting Animals for your farm? Why not tame a pet!?
- New Animal Bed
- New Animal Certificate System
- New Animal Taming System
- New Animal Information Desk (Displays all information on all of your tamed pets.)
- New Animal Feed Asset (This feed is temporary as more feed will be implemented.)
- New Farm Animals (Chicken, and Rooster!)
- New Tameable Pet (Wild Boar)
- and more!
- Pet Following System
- Pet Targeting System
- Pet Send in to Attack your target feature
- New Pet UI window on targeting.
Other Things Changed:
- New Trees! (One is currently only available to be seen in this version. 10.0 will have 2 others on spawn.)
- New Tree Felling Animation.
- New Terrain! (Will feature 5 different Regions, currently available in this build is the Rainforest Region.)
- New Rad Berries!
- New intro to Alchemy via the crafting window.
- over 20 new assets added!
- Foliage added to terrain.
- Finished Graveyard! (This is now a complete maze, try to get to Lord Dreadful and claim his bounty box!)
- New larger Targeting Distance. (This does not effect your players Combat Range, only your weapon will change your Combat Range.)
- Sledgehammer 1.0 (Allows you to destroy buildings placed.)
- Clicking your Tool window will remove the active tool from it.
- New Recipe Information Window added to the crafting screen.
- New Additions to the Graveyard. (Assets and more!)
- New Lighting System. (Will see this featured on Rad Berries, and the new assets in the Graveyard.)
- Hint to find your way around the Graveyard, included in the Graveyard, look closely to find this hint as you go through the maze.
- Minor Bug Fixes and such, please report them on the forums if you find more, thank you!
Things Not Added in this Build that will be in 10.0:
- Raiding Night Reapers
- Night Reapers (Currently are working, just not spawned in the game yet.)
- New Storage Chests
- New Bank Trader (Reason for this coming soon!)
- Fort Walls and Gate Enterences (Walking on Fort Walls will not be a thing in 10.0 but may come later.)
- Damaged Doors. (Doors will be breakable, reason for this coming soon!
Pre-Alpha 10.0 Unstable will come out to Patreons and LoS Pirates only. Like to be either of those, join via the main website today!