The 18th release of Insurrection. Contains many fixes, but still has a few issues.
A new build of Insurrection is now available, after about two months of silence.
- The game has a high chance of crashing/hanging during the ||conveyor belt/catwalk encounter|| in Mass Production for reasons still unknown.
- Enemies can be sent flying at high velocities through walls by explosions if they're close enough to be pushed away by one yet not close enough to be hurt/killed by it.
- If you get stuck in the room in the tutorial with the big green light over the door that doesn't open, shoot the green light thing to open the door.
- You can still see the particles for enemies spawning in when you start certain levels.
Fixes & Additions:
- Vastly improved performance by way of a reimplementation of how blood decals are cast and spawned.
- I had to remove the intro sequence because too many things kept breaking for some reason.
- Enemies can no longer clip through walls while falling.
- The sniper rifle is now a hitscan/raycast-based weapon, and should behave just as it did before minus the shitty hit detection.
- Changed the font of the text for showing which rank you have.
- Some enemies now jump randomly.
- The kick can send most enemies flying into the air.
- Gibbing enemies is no longer so performance-intensive.
- Blood decals no longer randomly stretch/warp when created.
- Changed the pistol (the M9) to a desert eagle, which also now has a right-click/alt attack.
- Aiming the sniper rifle also cancels viewmodel lag.
- The Rival's shotgun blasts no longer sends you flying out of the arena.
- Decreased the rate at which your style/rank degrades to be more forgiving.
Given the plethora of fixes and additions introduced, I'm sure this game will be even more fun to play than it was before.
Enjoy, and as always, stick around for further development and updates.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.