This version of the mod is the final Semper Fi-compatible version. It is not compatible with HOI3 1.4 or HOI3:FtM 3.0 or later. A pdf manual that summarizes the major changes the mod made the game is provided separately and is accurate for this version of the mod. Please note that this version of the mod will NOT work in multiplayer. Install instructions below:
Note to Mac users: The Mac version of the base game has problems recreating the map cache. If you download any mod that changes the map you'll see texture errors since for some reason Macs can't rebuild the cache correctly. The final SF and the FtM alpha versions make changes to the map and may result in ugly purple textures on the map. Here's how to get the HPP map to show up using FtM:
1) Install the HPP as directed above, but don't start the mod.
2) Copy your entire VANILLA map folder to a backup location.
3) First replace the files in the folder ../hoi3/map with the files in ../hoi3/mod/hpp/map.
4) Next go into your ../hoi3/map/cache folder and delete every file in it. Keep the folders intact; you only want to delete what's in them.
5) Start up the VANILLA game. The map cache should be rebuilt, which will take a while. If everything worked correctly, then when you start up the game as any country there shouldn't be any purple spots on the map.
6) If the map is purple-free, then exit the game. Copy your entire vanilla map folder over the HPP's map folder.
7) Delete your vanilla map folder if you don't want to use the HPP's map, and replace it with the backup you made in step 2.
8) You should now be able to select the mod in the launcher and play it without any map problems.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.