Latest full version of the mod, compatible with For the Motherland 3.05 or 3.06 only (if you have TFH, you can still play this mod, but you won't see any features from TFH; make sure to place it in the hoi3/mod folder and NOT in the hoi3/tfh/mod folder and make sure to use the ftm launcher in your hoi3 folder). The forum hosted on ModDB has a list of known bugs and issues. Available as a separate download is a .doc manual. When you start the mod up, there's an "introduction" decision that also provides more info. The changelog from the previous version is in the readme. Install instructions below:
NOTE!!! Please check out the graphics packs in the add-ons page. The mod is large, and the pictures have been split from the main files in order to keep file sizes down.
Install Instructions (Mac-specific instructions at the end):
Note to Mac users: The Mac version of the base game has problems recreating the map cache. If you download any mod that changes the map you'll see texture errors since for some reason Macs can't rebuild the cache correctly. The final SF and the FtM alpha versions make changes to the map and may result in ugly purple textures. Here's how to get the HPP map to show up using FtM:
1) Install the HPP as directed above, but don't start the mod.
2) Copy your entire VANILLA map folder to a backup location.
3) First replace the files in the folder ../hoi3/map with the files in ../hoi3/mod/hpp/map.
4) Next go into your ../hoi3/map/cache folder and delete every file in it. Keep the folders intact; you only want to delete what's in them.
5) Start up the VANILLA game. The map cache should be rebuilt, which will take a while. If everything worked correctly, then when you start up the game as any country there shouldn't be any purple spots on the map.
6) If the map is purple-free, then exit the game. Copy your entire vanilla map folder over the HPP's map folder.
7) Delete your vanilla map folder if you don't want to use the HPP's map, and replace it with the backup you made in step 2.
8) You should now be able to select the mod in the launcher and play it without any map problems.