Forsaken Castle is a 16-bit style, action exploration platformer, about a paladin and her fight against evil.
Support Forsaken Castle with a Pre Order on Backer Kit:
To learn more about Lily's adventure into the Forsaken Castle go to:
Music by Zack Parrish
Art by Klyntoc
- Surprise inclusion! Initial implementation of weather effects!
- Fixed a bug where, while hanging from a ledge, pressing down and towards the ledge and then pressing jump would drop the player from the ledge and lock player input control.
- Fixed a bug where the pause menu could be brought up at inappropriate times, such as just before the title screen loaded or when the company logo is showing.
- Pause menu now properly layers in front of active dialogue windows when activated.
- Active dialogue/cinematic sequences now properly stop if “Return to Title” is called from the pause menu.
- Fixed an issue where the pausing then unpausing during an active dialogue would cause player input controls to be inappropriately restored.
- Cleaned up the pause menu and active UI fade out when loading to back to the title screen to look more tidy.
- You can now bring up the pause menu with the "Escape" key on keyboard in addition to the "Enter" key.
- Fixed a bug where repeatedly returning to the title screen from the outside starting area and immediately restarting the game would cause all spawner based items to duplicate without limit.
- Armored Knight's attacks now properly boomerang. Watch out after dodging!
- A message window will now appear and pause the game to explain new sub-weapons as you acquire them ala Metroid/Zelda style.
(Final message window design is still in development)
- Changing “zones” will now cause a zone title box to appear.
(Art and text for the display are placeholders as the final form is still in development.)
- Lily will now experience being stunned temporarily if she takes a hard fall from a high place.
She won’t lose health from the fall, but could be in danger should a monster be near where she lands.
(Animations for this are placeholders and will be updated when Lily’s sprite is revamped.)
- Made tweaks to Synax boss mechanics and WeakFlyingSkull health.
- Added partial heal item drops in various locations.
- Until Save locations are added, Player will now respawn at the last room entered upon death.
- Fixed issue where mini-boss battle could be triggered by holy water being thrown into the room.
- Fixed animation that occasionally glitches when climbing ledges.
- Changed collision layers and tags around a bit so player sub weapons do not inappropriately fire off specific triggers.
- Holy water flames now damage destructible objects like barrels and crates.
- Flying skulls will now properly be hit by flames from the holy water.
- Fixed jump input handling when hanging from a ledge that caused the player to instantly begin a jump the moment they were hanging from the ledge.
- Fixed an issue where Firegem Switches could be triggered by other sub-weapons.
- Added a health item just outside of the first Firegem switch door.
- Slightly increased Fireball damage.
- Fixed an issue where a player grips a ledge after receiving a fatal hit and doesn't trigger death until they climb up.
- Player will now lose their grip on a ledge if they are hit while hanging from a ledge.
- Fixed an issue where area music would not start back up after player death.
- Initial Release! Hurray!