Hello, I made this mod for myself, but wished to share with others that may like the changes. This version has a couple things added some may not want. Prices of Natives are much higher in Mexico, but the trading post is cheaper. Also I added ability to get Juan, Umberto, and Isabela in Mexico if the player already doesn't have them. the 3 supernatural quests are changed to be more down to earth and the rewards for Temples is greater!
First off I want to say I made this mod for myself, but wished to share it as others complained about the same things and may
enjoy this mod as much as I do.
Installation instructions: Install MOD folder in your My Documents\My Games\Expeditions Conquistador\Override folder, then choose
language in game to be MOD. Make sure to play with a NEW GAME as sometimes this game is buggy with savegames and changes.
****Mod LANGUAGES used in this game ISSUES: When you load a saved game from desktop you will see white letters before the map loads,
this is a bug with using custom languages with this game. It will cause the map to be blank, to fix this while still ingame, load
the menu and reload the same saved game. You will have to do this everytime you start the game again from desktop. Its a bug with
the game and not the mod.****
In the Very beginning of Both Hispanola and Mexico missions you will see TEXT "MOD IS WORKING" this is done as the game is
buggy sometimes, and this allows the player to know the mod is working in the game at the start. Many times this game used the
default language and not the override, but this was usually caused for something wrong in the changes or saved games with different
changes made later.
Change Log 10-15-2021
1. Increased Reward for Fountain of Youth.
2. Added Isabela character to the Farmer with the Oxen, if you don't have her already.
3. Increased slightly reward for Swamp Ruins.
4. Moved Juan Noriega from Hut to Papantla Village where Tamas used to be, you MUST recruit Lászlo Pauwlik to get the option to recruit Juan.
5. Removed Tamas conflict and replaced with recruitment of Juan Noriega. But you MUST have Lászlo Pauwlik to trigger option.
6. Removed my recruitment of Juan Noriega & Umberto DeRossi from Hispania, since they are now available in Mexico.
7. Changed Volcano question to allow 3 choices.
Change Log 12-07-2020
1. Changed 3 Main supernatural missions to give a new flare to the game and realism. El Dorado has new results and rewards and the
Chrystal Skull of Mictlan is more useful for that mission. Keep that in mind.
2. Added some changes to some missed battles to convert to men only.
3. Added ability with the fortress to remove a player from your expedition. It is in the main menu options after fort is rebuilt.
Both the Fort and the dock have this option.
4. Fix a couple text mistakes in a couple of the missions and playtested to make sure they work.
5. Added Juan Noriega & Umberto DeRossi to Shaman hut if the player doesn't have them already. This was done for players that go
straight to Mexico without Hispanola. You will NOT get this option if the player already has these companions and instead will get
the normal dialog.
6. Adjusted Mexico Prices to be higher with Natives and lower for Spanish trading post. I felt supplies were too easy to replace in
Mexico. Some natives cost more than others, and if very good relationship you get way better prices than before. It's about 70
valuables for the Spanish trading post.
7. Added Lászlo Pauwlik to Xalapa hut, this option will only happen if you do not already have Lászlo.
8. Also added an option in Mexico to have Natives give you tribute in certain villages, if you accept you cannot trade with them
but get some needed supplies. But since most of the prices are high anyway, so I think it could be worth it in the start of the
game. This is on purpose as it makes the player make hard choices. Especially if you start the game in Mexico.
Change Log: 11-15-2020
1. Changed almost all enemies for battles to be MALE, as its not accurate to have females in this quantity. I did leave both in
Village Battles as you are attacking the villages so it made some sense. I may have missed some but I don't think so, but there
are a lot of battles to edit in this game.
2. Juan Noriega is added as a recruitable soldier, you can get him from the Concerned woman in the beginning of the game, the
first dialog is about her brother. He will be available in Mexico and can be saved to last before leaving Hispanola. Some may
consider a cheat, I JUST consider it another male soldier to use for your expedition.
3. I also added Umberto DeRossi through the wealthy merchant. You will see him ask about his brother.
4. Rewards have been increased. Eldorado, Ancient Temple, Conquering the Aztecs, Tournaments, and
Burried Treasure have all been increased in reward value to match the danger of the mission.
5. I removed the 3 supernatural gods from the game for realism, but that doesn't mean there will not be NEW dangers with those
quests. If you don't like it, you can always not play the mod.
6. Trade Post in the Fortress in Mexico has better trade than before and is now 1.2 instead of 1.3
7. Fixed Ruiz Random mission to remove the Killing of the Native, I FEEL that this was over the top and made it were he was not
worth bringing. And since I wanted this mod to be male driven he needed some fixing.
Special thanks for the game designers for the game and the modding tools, though I wished they left the woke 50% female stuff out
as this game doesn't need modern issues brought into the past.