This is the installer for Evochron Mercenary Build 1.188. The installer also works as an updating program for older versions of the game. Required for multiplayer compatibility.
Version 1.188 is available for download and includes the following improvements:
- AI ships now use beam weapons.
- Several performance improvements.
- AI not following orders properly in war zones fixed.
- Array error message occuring after deleting all text lines fixed.
- Hangar storage inventory duplication when building new stations in close proximity fixed.
- Inventory items in war zones now update in single player using the same system as multiplayer.
- Sensor indicators on nav map now render with proper transparency with planet city indicators.
- Players can now specify unique textures for each type of small ship frame in the game.
- Station detonator system updated to not effect players docked in other sectors.
- Physics system updated for more consistent thruster behavior at high speed.
- Critical alarm is now played when a fulcrum torpedo is launched nearby.
- Quadrant map can now be zoomed in for a more legible view.
- Inbound missile indicators appearing when HUD is off fixed.
- Shader system updated for custom player designed cities.
- Custom imported ship designs enabled for external views.
- Font set expanded to support German characters.
- Player built station capacities increased (server).
- Improved cloud layer scaling.
- Tech data text updated.
- Several minor bug fixes.
The new zoom option for the quadrant map should make viewing clan territory statistics much easier. Click on the 'Zoom Map' button to activate. If you need to view the bottom of the map (which can be obscured by the cockpit displays), you can use the mouse view mode or 3D head tracking to change the view with the map still visible.
The performance improvements should help increase the overall framerate significantly on low end systems (while likely improving performance slightly on high end systems, or pretty much staying the same). On my low end test system, the framerate more than doubled.
The customizing kit has also been updated for the new individual ship texture options.