Demo installer for Evochron Legacy version 1.728...
Version 1.0728 includes the following improvements:
- Flight control system updated to provide improved key/button rotation control during active jump drive sequences.
- Set velocity level system updated to remain at selected value when engine damage occurs while using a non-axis (mouse or keyboard) flight control.
- AI ships will now usually no longer hover near city docking ports for delayed docking or waiting, they will now generally dock immediately with no holding patterns.
- Planetary atmospheric density calculation updated to provide more accurate/consistent gravitational pull levels across various speed ranges that are subject to lift offset by ship.
- Under some conditions, recovering cargo from a container with multiple materials could result in lost or mismatched sorted/counted units left behind, now fixed.
- By request, selected firing mode now retains particle weapon setting above maximum particle cannon velocity (no longer defaults to beam).
- Terrain walkers piloted by other players in multiplayer could appear misaligned on the surface of moons, now fixed.
- GPU enabled version of server program updated to provide option to disable menu controls (Alt-C once connected).
- Planet ring particles could sometimes be left behind in view at certain departure angles, now fixed.
- Debris explosion system updated to better account for timer limitation issues on some systems.
- Improved terrain walker Heads-Up-Display reaction and recovery behavior to EMP missiles.
- Inbound missile pointer indicators on HUD better aligned with gunsight 3D spacing.
- Improved lightning effect in planet atmospheres, gas giants, and nebula clouds.
- Improvements to missile contrail behavior with offset movement system.
- Optional control profile added for Thrustmaster T.16000M joystick.
- Custom radio chatter volume option added to customizing options.
- Improved blip indicator alignment in 2D overhead radar mode.
- Faster mixed material/quantity recovery from containers.
- Radio chatter frequency and volume reduced.
As with any server update, if you install the updated version, be sure to back up your text8.dat, factionmap.txt, and universemulti.txt files before installing it to retain your server settings, territory map status, and build modules since the installer will restore default files.
A new custom radio chatter volume option has been added to the customizing options. To set a custom volume level for radio chatter, create a file named 'chattervolume.txt' in the game's install folder and in the first line, enter the volume offset factor you want. The default volume level is a factor of 0.35. The volume level factor will be multiplied by the global volume level set in the game. So if you set the in-game volume level to 100%, radio chatter will play at 35% volume by default or at the level you select in the file. Set to 1.0 for 100% volume or you can silence radio chatter by setting the value to 0. The radio chatter volume level will not impact the radio directives sent directly to the player by the station's dockmaster nor radio communication to the player from other ships. Only traffic/docking chatter to/from other ships and other general chatter sequences are effected.