Demo installer for Evochron Legacy version 1.718...
Version 1.0718 includes the following improvements:
- Damage state system added for installed equipment (see notes).
- Quadrant location icon no longer remains visible in 3D and slide map modes.
- Ability to use the ship formation system to approach targeted objects added.
- Contracts enabled for ALC/FDN players at IND cities when no station is present in the sector.
- Set speed selection for autopilot formation system updated for smoother behavior at closer ranges.
- Optional OCRS (Off-Center Readout System) added to HUD for off-center pilot rotations/views (see notes).
- Axis precision for Mouse Look mode can now to scale up to the current display resolution for smoother control.
- Engine damage now impacts its percentage of operational functionality based on damage level, rather than only set speed.
- New contract type added for players with installed repair beams to provide on site repairs of stranded ships with heavy damage.
- Minor fixes and improvements to the recent contract acceptance and management system for opposing factions in the same sector.
- Reinforcements can now be placed at waypoints in disputed regions upon arrival (rather than delayed) for larger scale battles.
- Waypoint marker now renders on terrain walker HUD if another player accepts a contract and/or if player transfers from ship to terrain walker.
- In high econ/tech systems (above about 85), AI ships can now use high end missiles, including disruptors and Leech EMP.
- Initial planet and city inventory configurations/updates better linked to latest regional econ/tech levels.
- Improvements to AI decision making in combat, particularly when/where engaging capital ships with weapons.
- Hostile ships destroyed count notifications added to message log for player-to-player arranged contracts.
- Military contracts in war zones from carriers now better aligned with parameters for station contracts.
- Improved contract pool updates for combat objectives in multiplayer when station conditions change.
- Contract pay value for patrol objectives increased from 50% to 110% for each additional waypoint.
- Improved synchronizing between players for intercept meteor and destroy asteroid contracts.
- Residual MDTS lock state that could occur when switching views now disables as expected.
- Minor visual artifacts that could occur with mining/repair beams on other ships fixed.
- Waypoint total now included with each 'objectives completed' message log notification.
- Attack smuggler contract now more likely in systems supporting the objective type.
- Asteroid cave detail texture aligned with new structure also applied to moons.
- MDTS tracking behavior improved for smoother indicator movement.
- Effective range of repair beam increased to about 180 meters.
- Minor UI click range improvements.
By request, installed equipment items can now be damaged in battle, rather than only having the potential of being destroyed. They can now also be repaired at a station or by a repair system (if undamaged itself), much like the subsystems on the ship. If an equipment item is damaged, it won't be able to function (a 'not installed' message will appear when trying to activate an equipment device that requires manual control), but it can still be restored through repair. Previously, there was only a chance of it being destroyed, which required replacing it. There is still a chance of equipment items being destroyed, but it is now much more likely that they will initially just be damaged with the possibility of repair. Damaged equipment items will be considered repairable, but not sellable or useable. So you won't be able to sell, store or transfer a damaged equipment item until it is repaired. Likewise, all equipment items will be sold to the player undamaged.
A dedicated OCRS (Off-Center Readout System) has been added to the helmet visor HUD system. The OCRS will display your ship's velocity (all six readouts), hull damage status, weapon energy status, compass heading, and pitch any time your head rotation is beyond about 30 degrees yaw or 20 degrees pitch from center. With this new system, you can look around (including rear and above camera views) and remain aware of the various readouts that would otherwise only be available when you look directly forward. The only conditions for this system are that the OCRS mode is enabled and the HUD must be turned on. You can optionally turn the system off and on using the new default Alt-H key combination.
Reinforcements can now be present at a waypoint in disputed regions upon arrival. Previously, they could arrive, but would often be delayed. Allowing reinforcements to join in at the beginning of a battle allows for larger scale battles involving more ships of each faction type. This also provides a little more balanced gameplay in regions where such conditions should apply. The same difficulty conditions will still apply in regions where the opposing faction has majority control.
If the engine subsystem sustains damage, it will now operate intermittently based on the percentage of damage, rather than only impacting the available set speed range. This is a fairly significant change to the damage state behavior, but one that provides a more realistic sense of engine damage rather than just linearly capping set speed.