Demo installer for Evochron Legacy version 1.0878...
Version 1.0878 includes the following improvements:
- Introduction of new optional 'Set Axis' throttle control mode designed for gamepads.
- Missile damage table updated for better overall alignment with heavy class military ships.
- Improvements to jump drive exit cycle to prevent view/direction mode changes and rendering anomalies.
- Improvements to sector transition systems to prevent missed station/city module state packets due to excessive loading/performance delays in multiplayer.
- Changes to planetary proximity systems to prevent rare potential for ship destruction at particular jump arrival points.
- Improvements to planet terrain detail staging to prevent occasional flickering at certain distances/angles.
- Improvements to IDS off/inertial physics behavior when near planets with thin/no atmospheres.
- Docking fees for IND faction players could potentially be higher than indicated, fixed.
- Minor UI improvements (alignments and click ranges).
This update is primarily to fix the remaining known/reported issues. But it also introduces a new 'Set Axis' throttle control mode that allows an assigned throttle axis to control the set velocity level with an auto-centering stick axis input. This is to better accommodate throttle control on gamepad controllers with thumb sticks by allowing the player to push up on the stick to increase the set throttle level or down to decrease it (mapping is also still reversible as may be desired). Then when the player releases the thumb stick to its auto-centered position, the set throttle level will remain where the they set it. This is done with variable input control just as with the default mode, so moving the stick slightly will increase/decrease the set throttle level slightly while greater movements will adjust it faster. The new set axis mode also supports the deadzone adjustments so you can expand or contract the input response from center. Axis afterburner control and full range selection can also still be used with this new mode when enabled. To enable the new mode, check the box next to 'Set Axis' next to the throttle axis you've selected in the axis configuration menu.