Full version of dolynick's Faction Add-On v2.0.3.024 for Star Ruler 2.
Adds various popular Sci-Fi factions to the game. It offers custom races, subsystems, sounds, pre-configured designs and some reworking of base game systems. There are also several shipsets available for use as well, see below.Adds various popular Sci-Fi factions to the game. It offers custom races, subsystems, sounds, pre-configured designs and some reworking of base game systems. There are also several shipsets available for use as well, see below.
It includes the following mini-mods already baked in:
Currently Included Factions
Those factions marked with (WotH) require the Wake of the Heralds expansion/DLC for access.
- Stargate: Atlanteans (WotH), Asgard, Goa'uld (WotH), Tau'ri (WotH), Wraith
- Star Wars: The Empire, Republic/Rebels
- Battlestar Galactica: Colonials (WotH), Cylons (WotH)
- Star Trek: The Federation (WotH), The Klingons (WotH), The Borg (WotH)
- Planet, Star & Galaxy sizes are greatly increased. Ship scaling has also been adjusted to provide more visual disparity between Size settings.
- FTL drives have been adjusted accordingly for increased galaxy size, but sublight engines are at a greater disadvantage than in the default game.
- Shields systems have been modified and can be considerably stronger.
- Many new weapons and subsystems have been added, some generic and others faction themed.
- Additional Government types with different benefits have been added.
Please note that if you do not use a particular shipset, pre-made designs will still function but they will default to models other than their proper respective ship. You may tailor your system load by enabling only those shipsets you require for your game session.
The following mods were used as starting points and may or may not have portions still in use. All credit for the remaining portions goes to their respective creators.
- Astronomical Names (by wolfenray73)
- It is best to wait for the mod to complete loading (all icons fill in from white boxes) before attempting to start a new game. Some users may experience crashing if they do not wait. -Some things may not work correctly upon first in-game loading of the mod. To be sure, restart the game after first enabling the mod. Starting the game with the mod already enabled should be fine.
- The high number of added shipset resources (when enabled) may cause problems for older hardware.
- Balancing: There may be any number of balancing issues with the factions. I do want some semblance of balance but it's a work in progress.
- Keeping a high hexcount (eg: Colossus) hull selected or moused-over (so the design is displaying) can have significant tps performance impact.
- Dalo Lorn for his help in getting to know the coding aspects of the engine.
- GGLucas for having the patience to deal with my questions on how to handle and implement some things.
- The Copyright Holders of the various materials referenced in this mod for their imagination and hard work in its original creation. -piccolo255 for coming up with a fix for system links in map generation.
- vaaish for Oko default designs.
- Artists credits for empire portraits are containted in portrait_credits.txt.