A remod of the Source version of Dear Esther. Read description for full details.
This is a remod aimed at allowing the Source version of Dear Esther to function properly with more modern versions of steam. I have made the following fixes:
- The Chinese Room's game icon now shows properly in the Steam library
- All 4 chapters now show in the chapter select screen
- All 4 chapters now have their correct chapter names
- All 4 chapters have their own custom created chapter thumbnails
- Levelling and volume improvement across all voice lines
1: If you already have Dear Esther installed, delete it from /steam/steamapps/sourcemods (if you have Dear Esther: Landmark Edition, you don't need to uninstall it). If not go to step 2
2: Extract the contents of the 7-zip archive to /steam/steamapps/sourcemods, then restart Steam.
Prerequisites: You need 7-Zip to extract the archive, and the mod requires Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 to be installed.