A complete version of the CWE mod. To install, please follow the instructions below. The full changelog is on Github. Don't forget to clear the map cache before starting. You can view the partial changelog with the important features added/changed below. Updated as of 31/12/2020.
Update on 31/12/20:
1. Increased global emigration rate more substantially and reduced migration rate between provinces of the same nation
2. Decreased electric gear and machine parts consumption to avoid causing a severe shortage after 10 years of starting a game
3. Added Russian secessionist states based on the existing federal districts
Update on 29/12/20:
1. Increased global immigration rate slightly
2. Increased Iron production rate to deal with the machine parts shortage
3. More accurate pops for Vietnam in 1946
Copy CWE and CWE.mod from the CWE.zip file to the mod directory of your Victoria 2 Program File.
CWE requires Victoria 2 Heart of Darkness Version 3.04 which includes the beta patch. Please delete your map cache prior to starting a new version of the mod for the first time.
CWE music files:
This Moddb version includes the music add-on pack.
While the Moddb file will give you big changes between versions, you may still feel that you wish to follow the mod more closely so I have made a Github Repository with the mod where you can download the most up to date Dev version of the mod. However as it may be updated frequently, you may have to download the lastest Github version multiple times for small commits like bug fixes etc but what you will get will be the most updated development version of CWE.
Some people have asked whether not being able to justify war is a bug. It is not. The ability to justify war is tied to ruling party war policy, government type, world tension levels and being in a war. So unless you fulfill at least one of those conditions then war justification will be possible.
Social Corruption can be reduced by increasing literacy (above 25%) while Government Corruption can be reduced by increasing admin spending (above 70%).
Development levels are determined by the literacy rates of specific provinces (above 25%) and whether the province has a large enough population. Provinces that have less than 30,000 pops will always be extremely underdeveloped. Increase your literacy to increase your developmental levels.
I don't release a full changelog because there are far too many changes per version so summarising the key ones is more pragmatic.
Version 1.12 Partial Changelog:
Core Game Mechanics
1. The economy has been tweaked so factories costs more to build.
2. Executives (previously aristocrats) are now needed for most factory types.
3. Factory build rules have been tweaked for all economic policies.
4. A fake nation, the UN, has been added to fix the No.1 sphere bug.
5. Immigration has been reviewed.
6. Pop issue support has been improved.
Additional Generic System & Mechanics
1. Party campaigning system for elections
2. More war CB types have been added.
3. Viral Epidemic system has been overhauled.
4. Proxy war system improved.
5. Elective monarchy system.
6. SPEZ system reviewed.
7. Trade deals system reviewed.
8. Superpower system improved.
9. Being in a currency union blocks most types of international loans.
10. Theocracy elections system.
11. Improved the UN truce system.
12. Famine system improved along HPM lines.
13. Being nuked can trigger anarchy depending on how good the nation's civil defence was before being nuked.
14. Improved the containment system. A country needs to get the International Pariah modifier first before any containment wars can be launched against them.
15. Improved the embargo system.
16. Party split mechanics
17. Hardliners vs Reformers conflict in dictatorships
18. More interesting dictatorship to democracy and democracy to dictatorship mechanics.
19. Different types of Republics (Presidential, Semi-Presidential, Parliamentary).
20. Player can select the new leader if the ruling party was not ousted. Cannot select a new leader if the opposition party just won an election.
21. Defence Production Act to create more military goods during wars in exchange for money.
22. Military units and techs rebalance.
23. Fears of MAD if 2 nuclear powers are at war with each other.
24. Strategic bombardment overhauled and is now a province event.
25. Tactical nukes.
26. System to incorporate SAR nations.
27. All countries can get the Industrious Nation country flag if they have the appropriate literacy.
28. Reviewed the Nuclear, Biological and Chemical weapons attack systems.
29. The AI can be slightly more trigger happy with nuclear weapons in some situations when they are losing.
30. Unconditional surrender system. Pacifism and pro military AIs can surrender more readily during wars,
Cold War Mechanics
1. Specialised blocs alignment system created to make sphere drift more historical.
2. Cold War crisis system improved.
3. Some Cold War related restrictions to joining the UNGA.
Changes to Reforms
1.Improved reform names.
2. Politicised Civil Service boosts ruling party ideology support amongst rich strata pops if reform selected is Semi-appointed.
3. Officers are in the rich strata.
1. Improvements made to starting reforms and techs for some nations.
2. Added a huge number of new historical parties for many countries.
1. Reviewed Canadian events
2. Reviewed US events
3. Added Mexican events
4. Reviewed NAFTA
5. More US releasable states.
1. Reviewed Cuban events
2. Reviewed the West Indies Federation events
3. Anguilla independence events
1. Reviewed the Latin American Debt Crisis
2. Overhauled the Peruvian events
3. Reviewed the Falklands events
4. The Bolivian Gas War
1. Reviewed UK events
2. Reviewed some French events
3. Reviewed Malta events
4. Reviewed Cyprus events
5. Reviewed Yugoslavian events
6. Improved Italian events
7. Reviewed Portuguese events
8. Reviewed Albanian events
9. Reviewed Austrian events
10. Reviewed German events
1. Reviewed Egyptian events
2. Reviewed Tunisian and Moroccan events
3. Reviewed Congolese events
4. Reviewed Rhodesian events
5. Reviewed South African events
6. Reviewed Angolan events
7. Added some Chadian events.
8. Reviewed Ethiopian events
9. Reviewed Iranian events
10. Reviewed Iraqi events
11. Added Lebanese events
12. The Dhofar Rebellion
1. Reviewed Pakistani events
2. Reviewed Indian events
3. Reviewed Burmese events
4. Reviewed PRC events
5. Completely overhauled the Indochina events
South East Asia + Oceania
1. Reviewed Malayan events
2. Reviewed Indonesian events
3. Reviewed Australian events
4. Reviewed New Caledonia events
5. Fixed a bug in the Papua New Guinea chain
Far East Asia
1. Reviewed Taiwanese events
2. Reviewed North and South Korean events
3. Reviewed Japanese events
4. Hawaiian independence events
1. The 2020 Coronavirus Pandemic
and many more that I can't remember.