Make your 3D World look exactly as it looks in 3DS MAX including shadows, lighting and many other effects.
Make your 3D World look exactly as it looks in 3DS MAX including shadows, lighting and many other effects. Here is how:
1. Download the converter and add the the 3ds script file to 3DS MAX Scripts directory ( the *.ms file)
1. Inside 3DS Max add lighting shadows and other effects till your Max world looks really good.
2. From the Rendering menu choose Render To Texture
3. Select Channel 2 and LightingMap and then click on the Render button (you can also increase the lightmap size to at least 768x768 for better results)
4. Converting the world to 3DSTATE wld format. Run the script (Tools->Max Scripts -> Run Script) and that's all !
5. [Optional] Convert the wld file (text format) into the 3dstate file format (binary format). This will speed up the time it takes to load a world significantly. You can do it by loading the wld file and then calling STATE_engine_save() or by using these tools (wld to 3dstate converter and a simple viewer)
You can now load the converted world from your code !
Many thanks to Vasbin of the BEV Team for his great work !