This is the submod for HPM, it will add some new buildings and other things from PDM, but nothing extreme like fisheries, bakeries, early small arms and artillery factories, etc. Also, it will add some resources, events and other stuff. See the full list of changes below.
So, basically this is submod and fix for the HPM mod. Here is the list of changes:
- Added buildings and resources from the PDM, such as Gunpowder Mill and gunpowder res, Wool Mill (for textile production using wool), Banks and financial services res, Stables and horses res, Boots Factory and boots res, Pharmaceutical Plant and pharmaceuticals res.
- Added new buildings, such as Grain Farm, Fruit Plantation, Sheep Ranch, Cattle Ranch, Opium Plantation for the farmers; Forestry, Charcoal Mill and Tropical Charcoal Mill for the labourers.
- Added changes to the interface from the PDM and did some additional fixes to those and new ones too.
- Fixed Global Overproduction of the consumer goods. Did it by adding 5 new resources for the artisans to produce. Those are Extra Food Redistribution, Colonial Goods Redistribution, Miscellaneous Goods Redistribution, Necessary Goods Redistribution, Luxury Goods Redistribution. Mostly artisans from big countries will work on those, it doesn't disturb small countries artisans production. Those goods bring almost no income if there is no overproduction, but it will bring the income to cover some luxury needs if the overproduction exists.
- Added different icons for the res and descriptions. Swapped HPMs precious goods and Vanila Precious Metals icons, because it makes more sense this way.
- Changed pops needs, units maintenance needs and some res required for the units recruitment.
- Fixed different pops promotions issues. Like almost no promotions of farmers and labourers to the soldiers and craftsmen or unexpected demotions of those.
- Labourers and farmers are separated now (they were one and the same thing before), it brings new hardships for the game, because you need to manage your pops (and pay for their unemployment), especially so while receiving a lot of immigrants or if some province changed its resource. Basically, pops will promote to the appropriate role on their own now, but it is faster with usage of national focus.
- Changed the farmers/labourers pops on the map (there were only farmers before).
- Fixed the absurd amount of aristocrats on the map (some of the provinces had too many or no at all).
- Fixed HPM's serfs promotion (they were not able to promote at all) and needs. Also, made some minor changes to the farmers and labourers demotion to the serfs.
- Soldiers and officers were moved to the middle and rich strata, it was done mostly for the better promotion/demotion of the pops, because there were some problems with it. Officers will be able to promote to the landowners now too.
- Added rebel brigades (mostly irregulars) to the farmers and labourers, because soldiers are middle strata now.
- Fixed artisans production a little bit, so now there will be no or almost no artisans, who cant cover their life needs, they will produce less too, which helps with global market overproduction a little bit. Dont worry though, as i said they still have their income. However, taxing them too much, will cause them to demote to the farmers or labourers... they were not able to demote before.
- Added Regulars units and new icons for the Infantry from the PDM. Countries will mobilize infantry units now, which are slightly worser than regulars. Regulars can be recruited only by civilized nations and Infantry is available through westernization tech.
- Made a distinction for the infantry, irregulars and cavalry units. It is possible to recruit those from all cultures, other units can be recruited only from primary or accepted cultures.
- Added some new inventions and changes to the technologies for the new buildings and unit.
- Changed pops ideologies a little bit and made dixie and boer cultures more conservative and reactionary.
- Cleared dixie lands liberal loyalties from the map (they are still liberal from the start, as before, but it is not fixed anymore)
- Changed migration and colonial migration, because colonial migration was not working at all.
- Minor changes to the political focuses, migration and colonial migration focuses.
- Added ideology strongholds events from the PDM and changed them a little bit.
- Added southern plantations modifier for the CSA from the COE mod, but made it slightly worser.
- Added slave population growth events from the COE mod. However, changed their triggering, because it was too often and annoying. Also, those events will give some money to the slaves to spend on their new needs or promote some of the smaller groups (up to 800 size) to the serfs.
- Changed the state enslavement event, now it will enslave all non primary or not accepted cultures from the poor strata. USA ai will be more likely to enslave Arkansas and Oklahoma states. CSA ai will be more likely to enslave any states.
- Changed USA, CSA, Natalia and South Africa conservative and liberal parties a little bit.
- Some minor changes to the policies like serfdom, state press and public meetings.
- Changed party scandals events. It is too frequent, so the prestige loss is reduced now. Also, you will need to have 80% administrative spendings (was 95% before), so that your ruling party can exist without any scandals.
v. 1.2 - Changed distance cost of establishing state from the colony (was multiplying with 400, now it is 550) to be more manageable.
v. 1.3 - Changed ai states enslavement for USA to be more realistic during civil war. Made it so to prevent CSA gaining cores deep within USA territories.
v. 1.4 - Changed amount of goods produced by new buildings (it was too much and unbalanced at all, rgo were producing a lot less than those buildings). Adjusted prices of some new goods and added tech for sheep, horses and cow ranches. Also, the distance of establishing state from the colony was adjusted to be 500 instead of 550. Finally, i changed national focuses of increasing conversion for labourers and farmers from 20% to 40% (the focuses for other strata are the same as before).
v. 1.5 - Adjusted production of banks and pharmaceutical plants. Changed prices of redistribution goods a little bit. Changed the "Sign the Geneva Convention" decision, it will give you -2 infamy instead of -1; Conquest CB will cost 20 infamy instead of 22. Also, i added two new decisions within governmental decisions list, one for great nations and one for others except uncivilised nations. The new decisions have same effect, but different costs. It costs money and prestige and in return will decrease your infamy for -0.1 each month within 3 years time. However, only great nation need to pay 10 of prestige as an instant cost and -0.2 of prestige each month within 3 years, other nations dont need to spend 10 prestige at all. The money cost is 100 000 for a great nation and 25 000 for others.
v. 1.6 - Removed all additional maintenance goods from factories to fix game's bug. The bug caused factories to not produce goods at full capacity, because they were not buying those additional maintenance goods even if you have surplus. Also, because of this measure, i added additional goods required for factories' production.
v. 1.7 - Adjusted previous factories changes. Reworked uncivilized nations techs and their costs. Also, i added just a little bit of iron to the map.
To install the fix you will need to unzip files to the "mod" folder of your Victoria 2 and change files within your original HPM. Fix is for the HPM 0.4.6.3