Hi everyone, my first upload, spent a month or two working on this but most of the time was spent sleeping and studying at school. Unzip the file and it will be a world save, just place it in where you keep your world saves and when you open minecraft, select it. For mac users the save files is under Libray->application support->minecraft->saves Anyways, this is my first map that I played on, after digging a mine shaft I didn't want to start a new map so I kept expanding on it, there are a lot of things in this map other than mine shaft, theres a base that will protect you from any hostile mobs while allowing you to attack them. Theres a shooting range, a train station (well just two rails, btw on one line you need to be able to jump from cart to cart) pool (with a secret). The longest free fall AND a little secret hideout of mine that you will need to find yourself, I have left instructions to reach it in the base .
Please note the only reason the file is 16.59 MB is because I was looking for snow and traveled a bit, never found snow though :(
So I've also created a game for two players, its kind of like CTF, there is a chest in between the pool/base/drop/etc... each player gets one half of the items in the chest and then take separate carts at the train station, build a base at the end location and place a obsidian stone wherever you want in the base but make sure the other player can access it without breaking anything for one of the rules is you cannot destroy any block that is part of the other player's base except for the one obsidian stone.
It is recommended that there will be a Op to observe the two players, the Op should have top of the line of everything, so diamond armor and diamond sword.
Now the Goal
Be the first to break the other player's obsidian stone, you don't need to bring the stone back to your base just break it.
1. There cannot be anything on the base that is composed of obsidian blocks only the one block the other player must break, this might cause confusion to which one they must break to win.
2. You cannot break anything that is part of the other player's base otherwise it would be too easy.
3. You both must agree on how long a "peace" mode will last, giving both enough time to build their base without worrying about a sudden attack.
4. No hiding underground or in walls like a ninja, again, makes the game too easy.
5. No traps that will render a player immobile (like a metal door into a small space without a button inside to open the door again) for due to rule 2, they will not be able to break out and therefore do anything, which is just cheap.
1. SInce Notch finally added PvP, both players can don armor and weapons and fight each other till one dies so they will be out of the way for the other player to break his obsidian stone.
2. Could have hostile mobs appear on the map.
3. I'll let you come up with more ideas for the game
Have fun, hope you enjoy the map, I'm open to all criticism on both the map and the rules for the game, just be polite with your comments please.