Very nice style, very cute characters and rather good puzzle design. Unfortunately, all this is accompanied with not always clear distance till the insta-kill falling damage kicks in, very floaty and imprecise jumping, no quick restart button, way too long die-reload waiting time for a game where it's so easy to fail or die and very intrusive cutscenes, some of which are presented in a very bad way. For example the cutscene, where you're show how levels with gravity change work you need to watch an overly long cutscene which is presented in such a way, you don't even know if you can control anything - all designed to just tell you "levels can rotate now".
With some tweaking and patching and updating, this might be a very good puzzle game, and i really liked the style, as I've already written. But as it is at the moment I'm writing this opinion, it's more "frustration" then "fun".
I'm aware it is in development and people think this game is worthy of final product but these are some issues that need to be looked at.
1.Make the A.I. navigate a town more smoothly, I've seen the A.I. get trapped behind walls in game.
2. The map is either too big or is very unpopulated as there seems to be miles to the nearest town.
3. I came to a point when starting a new game and a random enemy hideout forced me to get in a fight with me and 4 guys versus 20 pirates with what appeared to be pirate sharpshooters, and well they won and my game ended there since I could not escaped.
4. When recruiting please make it so you can get at least 1-5 men, and not 1-3.
5. Why is the starting character have weird stats? Like strength is 30 and its level is 7? I don't understand why you can't start at 1 since the character will die regardless from the unforgiving enemies.
6. Just because it is in development doesn't mean it is above criticism. In fact this is were you want the criticism from people so you can improve the game. People will give you a 10/10 without seeing the problems. In it that could potentially destroy the mod.
Some good things are the time period the mod is set in; custom towns, forts, and cities are very cool and look nice; weapon models are well render on high and the same for the clothes. Other than that those things can't carry the weight of the mod since this will not sell a lot of people only a few. Please focus on the A.I. and gameplay for the future updates. These are some issues I have found in the game and the message boards.
The scares dissapointed me though,there was no thing chasing you,no dying reason but in fact the only great thing here are the graphics!,if you puted random spawning aliens that chase you it would be better though,i would give this an 8.5 if you added those things i telled to you
It was not so scary as I thought it will be. The monster need to be recreated in to something darker and more frightful. Honestly he is funny. I missed ingame music very much. Any dark ambient would be great and it add more to dark atmosphere. Enviroment si nice maze.
Good game! I only have a few little nags here and there. For one the game isn't very scary, and the axe weilding mad man that tries to get is slower than the character can walk. It's also not clear what the player is supposed to do and it's also very unclear that you have to let the ae weilding mad man kill you before you can progress. The atmosphere is also slightly lacking and the game overall loses most of it's tension by the first encounter with the axe-weilding mad man. The game does have some very good graphics and the story is very interesting. I would really love to continue and find out what happens next. I was also impressed with the dynamic shadows which I think really added to the games already very nice graphics. The enviroment is also very interesting to explore.
Overall, this game could do with a bit more work in the scares department but it is a good adventure game and I would recommend it to anyone who like adventure games!