Techtonic Games is looking for a Junior Level Designer. Duties include creating, iterating on, and polishing level layout concepts for various projects using the Unity editor and other relevant tools (i.e. Maya, SketchUp). This position will focus heavily on concept and balance of levels in their initial stages. If you have an analytical mind, love coming up with cool level ideas, and working with a team, we want you to apply!
- Collaborate directly with the art, audio, and programming teams to create stunning, polished levels for multiple titles and genres on mobile and web platforms from concept to finished product
- As needed, contribute to projects with event scripting, systems tuning, and game balance
- Maintain internal documentation of designed levels, encounters, and missions
- Iterate on levels by integrating feedback from leads and QA
Critical Skills and Requirements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills and an analytical mind with a keen eye for detail
- Strong task management skills
- At least one completed/released title (mods and student projects are okay) that includes levels you created and/or an online portfolio showcasing electronic and paper prototypes
- Experience with a level editor (UDK, Unity, Hammer, Galaxy, etc.)
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Applicants must be able to work at our studio in Santa Barbara, CA
Bonus XP for
- Experience developing for multiple genres/gametypes
- Scripting in C# or equivalent
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Natural Sciences, or Game Dev specific topics
+1 Life for
- Experience with Unity game engine
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Maya
Techtonic has a competitive benefits package, paid time off, paid holidays and other amazing incentives. Combine this with a dedicated, friendly and fun team and you have an opportunity for future success.
Based in Santa Barbara, CA, Techtonic Games Inc. is the largest game developer in the Santa Barbara area. Techtonic Games Inc. is committed to developing highly engaging games for Mobile, Tablet, Browser platforms. To learn more about Techtonic Games Inc, please visit: www.TechtonicGames.com
Email your resume to email@example.com with "[YOUR NAME] knows every build order for every race" in the subject line.
- A link to your portfolio website
- Cover Letter
- Supplemental Questions (listed below)
- List your top 10 fav games of all time.
- List 1-2 games you feel you have mastery over (generally 200+ hours gameplay), and why. Tell us one specific mechanic you enjoyed most, and why you enjoyed it.
- Tell us about a specific level that left an impression on you. Describe it in 300 words or less, but try and encapsulate what made it special.
- Write a 300 word review of a recent (within a few years) game and include specifically what you felt the developer did right and what they did wrong.
- If Master Chief and Mega Man ever found themselves at mortal odds, who would come out on top (assuming full upgrades for both parties) in a one on one, mano y mano brawl?
Any submission that does not conform to the above requirements will not be considered.