Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by Ape Law on
Ape Law is looking for a highly talented artist to join our team!
Join our team as an intern and help bring the world of Alice’s Lullaby alive for it’s launch in 2018! Excellent 3D modelling and texturing skills will not be enough, though. As part of the team, you will be asked to create immersive, living, and frightening environments based on the world of Albino Lullaby.
As an Environment Artist intern at Ape Law, you will be responsible for creating exciting and unique concept art to fit the time period, building and texturing environment assets for our unique world, and bringing the world of Alice’s Lullaby to life.
We place exceptionally high value on allowing you to showcase your own design skills while still staying true to the world we have created.
- Take greybox levels and create high quality concept art based on level design and design documentation.
- Model, texture and create collision in 3D for game environments.
- Work closely with the Art Director and other departments to ensure art assets are fully optimized for target platforms while minimizing any impact on artistic integrity of assets.
- Participate in R&D of new techniques to implement into production pipeline.
- Proactively seek feedback from Art Director, Producer and Creative Director.
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with defined visual style for the game.
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D artist as a student.
- Preferably worked on at least one released title (can be a student project).
- Possess a good knowledge of cutting edge shader techniques.
- Superior concept art skills.
- Superior 3D art skills.
- Eagerness to learn new software tools and technologies.
- Ability to work in a team setting, under deadlines and time constraints.
- Expertise in 3D modeling software, Photoshop, or other technologies utilized in the production of game art.
- Strong technical background with ability to grasp new programs and systems quickly would be an advantage.
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction and motivation.
- Strong communication and time management skills.
- Able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Creative nature with strong problem solving skills.
- Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
More about Ape Law:
Ape Law exists to explore and experiment with games as the next great storytelling medium and was formed by Justin Pappas in the summer of 2013 in Cambridge, MA. Justin has worked as a level designer on games like 'BioShock: Infinite' and the 'Tomb Raider' reboot and moved onto the indie scene in 2011 as the level design lead on 'Chivalry: Medieval Warfare' and is now the creative director and level builder/designer for Albino Lullaby, Alice’s Lullaby (Albino Lullaby Ep. 2)and a senior level designer at Otherside Entertainment on Underworld Ascendant. The studio is comprised of other industry vets, who have worked on a myriad of games from Borderlands to Lord of the Rings Online and at studios like Warner Brothers, Hasbro and Harmonix. We are spread out over the north east coast of North America, Toronto down to Austin and communicate primarily over Skype.
More about Albino Lullaby:
Albino Lullaby is a horror adventure game that doesn't rely on jump scares or gore. Escape a surreal, psychological nightmare set in a dark and macabre Victorian town that clings to the precipices of underground cliffs. The gamespace dynamically twists and contorts around you in real time, as you unravel an equally twisted narrative. Discover the hidden spaces haunted by 'The Grandchildren' as you uncover clues to understanding just where and what you are.
Must provide a portfolio through a webpage or other digital media to be considered.
Email email@example.com to apply