Artists located Anywhere.
Posted by Good Bad Games on
This is a hobby project of mine that I’m finally financially able to back and seek out talent to help bring it to life.
The game exists as an early prototype and is evolving week by week. The core mechanics, game and level design are by me, I currently employ a developer who is doing an amazing job and a composer who has just begun playing with ideas.
You will be responsible for bringing to life the characters and creatures of the games world. The position requires an excellent sense of anatomy, design, and colour theory mixed with video game art production methods.
At its core this is a puzzle game using what appears to be a unique central mechanic. The player completes a succession of challenge rooms and encounters boss characters throughout.
The overarching goal is to escape. The gameplay feels like a combination of Portal and Oddworld: Abes Oddysee with some RPG elements.
- Nailing down a visual style for the game
- Create concept art for characters, creatures, weapons and other assets that fit within the game's art style
- Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to painting, illustration, design or traditional media
- Have an understanding of shape design, silhouette, and structure as well as colour and composition and you aren’t afraid to experiment when it helps get the job done
- Understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylise them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotion and appeal
- Eye for light, shade, colour, and detail
Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
ADDITIONAL(Not essential but a bonus)
- Ability to use a 3D package
- Environment concept skill (especially isometric)
- Previous experience in game development concept art (any background welcome)
- A link to your portfolio website
- A copy of your CV
An art test may be asked for
Work will begin as soon as possible so please ensure you are available.
A LITTLE ABOUT ME
I used to work for a game studio but burnt out from the almost endless crunch. I decided I wanted to do more than just exist to crunch at this studio. I left my job and let myself recover from possibly the most intense case of burnout I’ve experienced.
Now I’ve bounced back and dedicate my time and money to a project that means a lot to me.
Once the prototype is completed I have several sources of funding available and would like to keep my current team on for as long as they are available.
Please send me your CV and a link to your portfolio site of choice to email@example.com