• Register

Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
[SUGGESTION] Fallout: increase memsize to 32 (Groups : Desura : Forum : Application Linux : [SUGGESTION] Fallout: increase memsize to 32) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 7 2012 Anchor

I personally had a rocky experience with the dosbox'ed version of Falloutr offered through Desura. BGM and talking heads VOs would cut off frequently, save and load buttons and the ESC menu in game would stop responding plus sometimes - especially when entering a maps red world map transition area - the rendering would go fubar making the game unplayable and any saves made during that would be corrupted.

I seem to have fixed all of that by setting mesize to 32 in the dosbox.cfg which is the required RAM size for the DOS version of Fallout according to the readme.txt included with the game.

So I would strongly recommend pushing an update that has 32 megs of ram set in Dosbox by default. As you probably have noticed, a lot of people seem to have issues with the game atm.

Jan 7 2012 Anchor

I have uploaded an update the Linux DOSBox version that includes this correction and a few other options that should help most users. If you have any problems let me know.

Edited by: Protektor

Jan 8 2012 Anchor

I've just tested this, and it INDEED solves a problem i was experiencing (namely "sometimes - especially when entering a maps red world map transition area - the rendering would go fubar making the game unplayable and any saves made during that would be corrupted.") is now indeed fixed. I can finally leave Shady Sands and see the rest of the game!

...as exist among the idioms of infobots and rbots with the karma plugin, may I just say

DeRidda++
Protektor++

^_^
-m

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.