Lately we have focused on Modding and physics and have made large pushes forward in both areas. We have a new physics system ready to be integrated into the core game. We also have added a lot of moddability to weapons and player stats.
With your support Violent Sol Worlds continues to gain momentum and we are loving every minute of its development. If you have any questions or comments please do leave them here, the community matters to us. Here are the major things that we plugged away on this update.
- Create POC for physics improvements
- Removed equipment from the inventory and put it into a dictionary inside the entity
- Added base stats to all items for modding
- Made the second pass on the Inventory screen interface it looks much better now
- Adding attributes to items for display in inventory screen
- Started using attributes for "totals" in the entity so items adjust stats of an entity
- Damage is now in an effect system allowing for damage over time and critical hits
- Massive code refactoring and simplification
- Fixes to content build processing
- Fixed the logging path to help fix a crash for some users
- Speed is now moddable so the player can move slower or faster with animation adjustments as well
- Started making our save game process a little easier for us to follow behind the scenes
- Made a damage system that takes into account armor opening the road for a lot more equipment
- Fire Rate is moddable and dictates how many shots per second can be fired from a weapon
- Accuracy now is moddable and can be different per gun
- Stacks now save their ammount so no more losing items upon save
- Camera Zoom now changes based on speed
Go check out more articles on the development of Violent Sol Worlds at our main game page. Also help support the team by checking out Cornflower Corbin as well. You can also make sure you know when we post any new updates by watching our project by clicking here. Thanks for all your support.