Violent Sol Worlds is making quick progress. We spent the past couple weeks pushing for resource gathering and got a ton of things in the game. It was an enjoyable and rewarding sprint and I'm glad to show you some of the great things the team put into the game. We also have some other exciting news for those of you interested in helping out.
To help support the progress of Violent Sol Worlds there are two things you can do right now. The first is you can help us test the game as we add new features. We are poised to release our next closed alpha build and you can sign up to become a tester here by filling out a simple form and joining the team of testers already playing the game as it is being developed. The second way you can help Violent Sol Worlds is by supporting the studio.
To support the studio you can help us fund our project by buying our simple little addictive shooter Cornflower Corbin. It is for sale now! You can kick in some funds and help us build Violent Sol Worlds and get a fun little game to go with it. Go check it out now and help bring Violent Sol Worlds to life by picking it up.
Now that all of that awesomeness is out of the way here is our change list of what has gotten in the game lately...
- Items likes logs and crystals stack in inventory
- player death is a lot better, it doesn't crash the game
- made modding items easier with a single .xml file instead of a bevy of them
- fixed bugs reported by our alpha testers
- mouse is no longer captured outside of the game if it is not the active window
- crystals were all displaying as red, that has been fixed
- player was not shooting
- stumbled on a few null pointers while retesting and fixed those
- miner wasn't spitting out crystals, it now spits them out again
- found more ghost player characters and some reasons they were created, cleaned that up
- inventory was not being saved properly when you saved from inside the car, that has been remedied
- logs would crash the game if you tried to equip them, so you can't do that now
- added xml validation to the blueprint, biome, and item configuration types
- added a bush that produces cotton-like blossoms that can be interacted with to gather them periodically
- When you put on equipment and save your game, then continue the game your equipment is shown properly.
- Buffalpugs drop rare oil item
- Buffalpugs drop rare horn item
- Buffalpugs drop hide item
- We stopped everything from picking up items, now just the player does
- Miner can be dropped
- Trees when chopped down drop rare fiber item
- The station drop box now has a warning as to what it does with your stuff
- The laser chainsaw is in the game, it can be held and dropped, attacks currently do nothing at this time
- fixed zooming to lock in at specific level to not let the player see the magic behind the world loading. :)
- Fixed deploy-able pickups after death and save
- Can Mine 3 types of crystals from the ground
- Can Mine 3 types of metal from the ground
- code cleanup for AI states
- Abandoned crates can be found in the world
- Cave turtles now live in caves
- Caves now have walls
- our GUI screens now run based on gametime not on CPU/GPU speed making each machine run the same
- Removed the sound for laser flying making the game sound better when shooting
- Fixed installer to not place random folder on your desktop
Thanks for all your support of our team and our efforts to bring you Violent Sol Worlds. Follow the project on IndieDB to keep up with the progress as we go. Plus go check out our forums to get developer insights.