Open Alpha Test Time: Sunday Jan 29th -
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM Eastern Time
I would like to officially announce my Open Alpha test for Vantage: Prehistoric Simulation Game! I would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to jump in and play the game on Sunday the 29th and stress test the game server before I integrate the game into Steam for Early Access Alpha.
Vantage is a game I have been working on longer than I care to say. It is my life's work and I am proud to still be working on it, and I believe in the concept of the game and I hope that other people do as well, and find the game fun, entertaining, and also educational.
The game is based heavily around a complex crafting mechanic. You must craft all the items you need to survive. In addition, a lot of research is done to make the crafting mechanics for each item as realistic as possible. For example: to make a fire, you need a wood spindle, wood hearth, and some tinder (dry grass for example) just like in primitive times. You attempt to make the fire with those items and you may fail if your skills are not good enough.
Please come and enjoy playing the game for a few hours before it gets converted over to Steam. Your help in testing the game is extremely invaluable!
If you cannot play the game during the Open Alpha test time, the game is currently available to play immediately at your own leisure as well!
2. Install, and run the installer, the game will automatically patch and download the full game ( approx. 10-15 minutes download time on a high speed connection).
3. When running the game, press the "Create New Account" button in "Step 3" to create a new account (this is only a temporary account and will be deleted after the tests).
4. Login, then press the "Play Vantage" button!
5. You have the option to play the tutorial, or just jump into the main game and test it out. The character creation windows have help tips in the upper-left of each window in case you need some help in creating an advanced character.
6. Enjoy! Please leave any Bugs/Suggestions/Comments by pressing the button in the upper-left of the screen, or by emailing at email@example.com.
The process after this Open Alpha is to immediately start integrating into Steam, I will enable local dedicated server functionality for the game's release so you can play alone or with your friends if you wish ( they are currently deactivated because the purpose of this test is to stress the server). Of course I will be hosting a public server, and when the game is released other players can host their own public servers as well.