It is the year 2084. You control a secret organization charged with defending Earth from a brutal alien enemy. Build up your bases, prepare your soldiers, and lead them to victory in turn-based tactical combat.

Report article RSS Feed Monthly update for December, 2012

In December mattn finally solved the terrible multi-threading issue which was causing so much instability in 2.5-dev. It was a month full of bug fixes and small improvements.

Posted by H-Hour on Jan 14th, 2013

* Engine
** Fixed multi-threading issues
* Campaign
** Added common Portuguese names to possible human names
** Fixed bug that prevented Bomber UFOs from appearing
** Make gender distribution of soldiers based on available models
** Stop message sounds from playing when loading a game
** Fixed live alien research
* Battlescape
** Footstep sounds updated
** Grenade bounce rates changed
** Experimental foliage system introduced
** Stopped wounded message from appearing too early
** Show actors killed by wounds/triggers/fire in mission results
** Smoke fields no longer block explosives
* Maps
** More UFO tiles for several maps
** Several map fixes
* UI
** Reimplemented Transfer UI backend
** Added support for a flashing effect for UI buttons
* Translation
** Updates to Korean, Italian and German translations
* Artwork
** Several new soldier heads
* Tools
** Began to implement skin management in UFORadiant model viewer

In total, 469 commits were made in the UFO:AI repository in December.

myxale
myxale Jan 15 2013, 7:45am says:

Looking forward to testing the latest Rel.

Kudos for all the hard work.

rogervanzant
rogervanzant Jan 16 2013, 7:59pm says:

Can't wait for this!

lenoirsoleil
lenoirsoleil Jan 21 2013, 8:52pm says:

me neiteher...

lenoirsoleil
lenoirsoleil Jan 21 2013, 8:54pm says:

I'm still playing vers 2.3.1 btw...how can I update ?

H-Hour
H-Hour Jan 22 2013, 6:35am replied:

You can download the latest stable version, 2.4, from our website:

Ufoai.org

If you're on Windows, you might try the development version. It's very stable these days (I'd say maybe even more stable than 2.4) and there have been a huge number of improvements. On the downloads page, look under the "Development (latest)" section for "UFO:AI installer (~1.1GB)".

lenoirsoleil
lenoirsoleil Jan 22 2013, 7:37am says:

thx for quich reply !

...i'm on Linux :).. Already checked your website, didin't feel skilled enough to try the source code (I could install the game on my PC using it, isn'it ? Or is it just for developping ?)...Playdeb is offline..That's why I ended playing UFO on Desura !
I guess I was kind of hoping Desura itself would propose updates...seems not.

I forgot to say I'm a huge fan of your work :)...to me the only problem is it's taking to much of my time when I'm in charge of the world defense. Like 'oh f%#@ I played untill 5 AM again !'....
So thank you anyway :)

H-Hour
H-Hour Jan 22 2013, 12:29pm replied:

Thanks lenoirsoleil. We only put stable versions up on Desura, so it should be 2.4 here.

lenoirsoleil
lenoirsoleil Jan 22 2013, 8:14pm says:

nonno ! the linux release is 2.3.1.....december 2010...damn that's quite a lot...