If you are one of those who love naval games and sim, this will be right up your alley. A realistic trade simulation whaling company game set in the 17th-18th century. Do task`s and control a fully explorable AAA ship, commit to trading, hunting, crafting and much more.
As the player, you can expect to:
- Delegate crew orders like scrubbing deck, repairs, upgrades, crafting and so on.
- Carve whale art for selling when you make port or just to show of to other players online.
- Trade whale oil and other goods for the best price at port. Earn money for upgrades, new ships, new crew member specialists like doctors. Expand your business.
- Meet other players to trade goods and rumours of whale or other spottings.
.- Engange in an action phased hunt for the whale.
- Do some fishing to get more resources or just try to catch all of the different fish for your collections.
- Survive the storms.
- Customization of the ship: Captains Cabin etc.
- Ability to Craft items and tools.
And much more!
From the 22nd - 26th of august, The Whaler will have its own booth at gamescom in cologne, Germany.
I (Tommy) will be there presenting the game and ready to answer any questions you might have, so if you have any plans of going there, please come by and say hi!
We also have the brochure ready for Gamescom as well, if you do not get to go, you can have a look at the brochure here! If you want a better resolution uploaded, let me know and I will take care of it.
The webpage has also been launched, this is how it looks now until we have a full launch of the page sometime next year, but for now you can go to www.thewhalergame.com and sign up for the newsletter, closed beta and some radical giveaways!
We also got some pretty sweet wallpapers done for the game. One of these are uploaded here so you can feel free to use and support the game. Take a look at the other two as well, let me know what you guys think!
Other then that, development is going ahead at full whale and pretty soon I will show you guys were we are at.
Hope you had a great weekend, talk soon!
So this last week we have finished the ship control system for now, it is looking pretty sweet with the rutter and everything with one of the placeholder...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.