• Register

Inspired by XCOM and a legion of brilliant authors this game puts you in the shoes of the newly appointed Overseer of the SCP Foundation an extraterritoral organization charged to secure anomalous artifacts around the world, contain public knowledge, and protect the world's existence from the hazards these items possess. You must Secure. Find anomalous events and SCP entities. Customize your armed forces and research powerful new technologies. Dispatch task forces to lock down and retrieve it. Fight off others interested in the same prize. You must Contain. Suppress public knowledge of the events. Recruit governments, agents, and organizations to fund and support your goals. You must Protect. Build bases and secure areas to store anomalous items. Stop the spread of anomalous effects. Beware of dangerous containment breaches. As time passes the beginning hastens the end. Something nearly destroyed the Foundation once. It won't make the same mistake again.

Forum Thread
Known Bugs and Limitations of 0.0.3a : READ THIS BEFORE POSTING (Games : The Foundation : Forum : Bug Catching : Known Bugs and Limitations of 0.0.3a : READ THIS BEFORE POSTING) Post Reply
Thread Options
May 22 2015 Anchor

Hello, and thank you for taking interest in and testing out the first prototype for The Foundation.

As I started working on The Foundation I wanted to have an ability for players to give feedback on the game's construction without creating an unfulfilling early access program. I decided to follow an software engineering practice known as evolutionary prototyping. Essentially I will create prototypes centered around various large pieces of functionality and release them to you to test and verify that I am heading in the right direction. These prototypes will build off of each other eventually completing the entire game. Each release will be rapidly updated in the weeks immediately following its release to patch bugs and make small changes related to the feedback. Then I will continue in development until the next major piece of functionality will be released as a new prototype. Eventually an early access program may be considered but only after I feel the game is mostly complete.

The following is a list of known bugs and limitations of the current prototype.

LIMITATIONS:

• The game only has one customizable base. No matter how many bases you build on the surface they will always lead to the same building area.
  • Anomalies cannot be completed yet. Your response team will land but will have no further actions available.
  • Policies cannot be enacted.
  • GOIs do not list any activity under the recent activity tab.
  • The Base Popup on the Geoscape is mostly static and will not change to reflect events.
  • The soldier customization is terrible and will not permanently be a series of drag and drop images.

BUGS:

• Can only excavate and delete in build mode (Cannot place buildings) [CONFIRMED MAJOR REWRITE REQUIRED]
  • Excavating sometimes creates extra walls [CONFIRMED]
  • Deleting in build mode incorrectly places walls [FIXED]
  • Base names still the same. (Enemy Bases do not get renamed) [FIXED]
  • Moon not illuminated [FIXED]
  • WASD keys continue to move screen when typing into text box [FIXED]
  • Wierd Camera startup spin [FIXED]
  • Wierd Music startup glitch [FIXED]
  • 64bit version spins camera continuously [UNCONFIRMED POSSIBLE UNITY BUG WITH GAMEPAD CONTROLLER SOFTWARE]
  • Build mode can crash the game [UNCONFIRMED NEED MORE INFORMATION]

Edited by: riscvul

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.