a 3D-isometric, turn-based, story driven cRPG computer game by Autoloot Games Ltd.
If you like what we are attempting with TDT:DD, please help us to publish the game on Steam: Steamcommunity.com
- A deep history with unexpected twists and many secrets to uncover.
- Brutal and bloody turn-based combats. A brand new system where you define the degree of action & strategy and the speed of battles.
- Choose among 5 different cool classes.
- A brand new skills & specialty system. Customize your own builds.
- Hundreds of quests & side quests, with non-boring intriguing dialogues.
- A vast map for you to enjoy during tens of hours.
- An incredible host of enemies for you to slash & crush.
- Pets and Sacred Guardians to assist you in the heat of the battle.
- Fully detailed characters and environments in 3D.
- Items system with thousands of combinations and unique artifacts.
- More than 5000 achievements.
The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death is a 3D isometric RPG computer game, where we’ve created our own combat and IA system from scratch, and the same goes for the story, as you can see in the game intro video.
Our goal in the end is to make a funny, immersive game with a balanced mix of combat & story for all RPG fans to enjoy.
So tell us, what you’ve accomplished so far?
Here you have a list (it will be regularly updated!):
- Propietary 3D Model Viewer finished.
- Propietary Isometric Map Editor finished (except lightning)
- Propietary Visual scripting Dialogue and Cutscene Editor.
- Dynamic and Classic Turn-Based combat definition.
- Companions & Mobs IA definition.
- Full Story Arch from beginning to end defined.
- Main Quests & Dialogues for the 1st Scenario already written.
- Lore for the 1st Scenario (1/3) already written (about 40,000 words)
- About 500 ready 3D environment & organic animated models.
- Inventory implementation.
- Group Members navigation and pathfinding implementation.
- 1st sector of chaper 1 3d-maps implementation.
What are you doing right now?
Miguel AL Morillo (Combat System & AI Designer): Working hard on extra definitions for the combat system, IA and inventory items.
Jose Manuel Alcaraz (Coder): working on movement, world interaction logic, inventory, lightning, save/restore states in the code, polishing the engine and editor and solving bugs.
Carlos Mangas (Coder): working on combat and AI implementation.
Rafater (Graphic Artist): Working on the items for the promo on Kicstarter, sketching a final art, improving the website visuals and soon retexturing 3D models.
David Lopez (3D artist & Level Designer): Working on modelling all the stuff for Chapter 1 and laying out maps.
Abel Bascuñana (Writer & Level Designer): Laying out maps, writing lore and party members exchange dialogues for the 1st chapter... and press stuff!
Why you decide to go crowdfunding?
We don't have any investors behind us... we panic them! We want people who love RPGs to be the ones that help us to take this game to completion. We want to preserve our creative freedom and at the same time we deem most important to know your opinion about what we are doing.
We are a 6-man team with a limited budget. As you can see in the section above, we’ve already accomplished many things, but at this point we need to hire some artists and coders both to create and animate GFX assets so they match the story and facts of the game world and to help on coding the lightning, a very important and tricky issue. If we reach about $20-30k, we'll be able to pay our hard-working mates (both Miguel and Abel, as co-founders, have been spending all their hard-earned money from their regular jobs on this project since the last 10 months.
All the money made with the pre-orders on our site will also be accountable for any stretch goals we would set at a near-future Kickstarter campaing, should we meet the original pledge.
We’ll appreciate if you can help us to fund our game and decide to join us on this adventure ahead of us!
If your are low on money, we'll be glad if you help us to spread the word among your friends on Facebook or Twitter, as well as registering to our forums to read our weekly updates and tell us what you think about the game and how it can be improved.
What our experience amounts for?
Games we’ve worked on: Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, RuneScape, Social Empires, Social Wars, Dragon City, Dark Warriors, and other minor PC, DS, Wii and Xbox360 games.
Who we’ve worked for: GOA/EA, Funcom, Gameloft, BigFish Games, Social Point, Gammick, Entertainment, Eset, Norma Editorial.
Indie games we’ve made: Kololoko, Labyrinth Madness, My Underpants, Black Age (GFX demo), Shake Shape, Spermatozoon (XBLive)
Yes! soon we'll launch a KICKSTARTER CAMPAIGN! If you want to stay up to date on the TDT:DD development, don't forget to join our Newsletter mailing list!
More info at www.the-dark-triad.com
Just wanted to share a briefing on how the project is doing at the moment.
As you know, we cancelled our Kickstarter campaign with just 5 days live for a variety of reasons, you can learn more if you read this update.
The team has been talking a lot about the things that we did wrong, and we are just working and planning how to make a bigger impact on our Kickstarter relaunch. We are working on different areas to do so:
- Combat: we want to include combat footage that explains the mechanics much better. We don't have all the mechanics in place yet obviously, but at least we want to show you much more interaction, both in the attacks, counterattacks, enemy Ai, contextual info like enemy stats, improved particle effects, more variety on the animations and new interface combat elements (like movement arrows, damage taken floating numbers, etc).
- Story: When we started designing the story for the game 10 months ago, the game had a lesser scope. Believe it or not, we thought we would be only capable of including big dungeons by reusing a few 3D tilesets with no outdoors. This has changed dramatically and we will have outdoors, towns, temples, woods, mountains, etc besides indoor areas. The original story was adapted to our graphical limitations. Now, we'll try to make the story more clear and less stuffed . We will tell less in our presentation (the video plot was 7min. long!), but it will hopefully be much more interesting.
- Dialogues: This is related with the non-combat skills. We want to show you some examples of dialogue interactions with npcs where new lines will appear depending on your non-combat abilites.
- Non-combat skills: We are discussing what non-combat skills must be mandatory in our game. This has many implications, as it affects the classes, the kind of interactions of the party members, the stats and abilities systems, the dialogues, the world map elements and much more. We must be conscious of our limited budget to include the ones that are a must. Once the game systems have been set into place and tested, we can think of including new secondary abilites that we left out from the initial pool.
We will prepare a clear introduction of the non-combat skills so you can understand what we want to achieve.
You can read the continuation of this post at Tinyurl.com
Latest tweets from @thedarktriadrpg
Dark Triad: Conspiracy Vision Doc is available to read! T.co
Apr 24 2013, 12:53pm
Choose the name of the game! T.co
Apr 18 2013, 12:43pm
That's what makes the indie scene so great! T.co
Apr 12 2013, 8:48pm
Why we can deliver a good and deep story T.co
Apr 11 2013, 9:57pm
The Vision Doc is coming! T.co
Apr 8 2013, 8:30pm
The Dark Triad update 03/31/2013 T.co
Mar 30 2013, 8:55pm
You can help us to keep moving with the development of The Dark Triad by pledging on our Indiegogo campaign! T.co
Mar 29 2013, 3:35pm
The Dark Triad KS campaign cancelled. Back the 6th of May. · The Dark Triad: Dragon's Death T.co
Mar 25 2013, 4:49pm