"The Cursed" is a very unique FREE realtime-strategy game based on the Spring engine. The game is about bones, undead, demons, space marines and magic settled in a futuristic environment. It is a fresh mixture of gameplay elements from many popular RTS games.
This is the full installer for "The Cursed". It is a very unique free realtime-strategy game based on the Spring engine. The game is about bones, undead, demons, space marines and magic settled in a futuristic environment. It is a fresh mixture of gameplay elements from many popular RTS games, like Starcraft or the C&C series. The game features two unique races: The Cursed - a faction combining undead and demonic creatures and the Imperial Guards - human forces with high-tech weapons and incredible firepower. Many units in game have unique abilities, like burrowing, rocket jumping, teleporting, transmutation and aura casting. You will experience a war that is fought with tanks, guns, space crafts, bone dragons, priest, demons, werewolf and angels. You may find some models that were somewhat inspired by Doom (1&2), Warhammer, Starcraft and C&C.
Major changes from version 1.402 to 1.411
- Upgrade to Spring Version 103
- added Avalanche-v2 by SirArtturi
- fixed tons of incompatibilities with Spring 103 (update of lua code, models were fixed, melee weapons were fixed, new shader structure was implemented)
- fixed cursed skeletons not having a corpse
- fixed cursed Shade not receiving xp for units killed by the circle sword attack
- fixed AI stragglers not being killed after destruction of the AI's last building
- fixed los multipliers as these are not needed for Spring versions 100+. burrowed units will thus not gain huge los after unburrowing anymore.
- fixed rare "recursion not allowed bug" in the (hero's) XP handler gadget
- increased efficiency of the tazer wepons used by imperial builderoids
- reverse velocity for imperial tanks was reduced to ~80% of the forward velocity
- Anti-air capabilities were changed back to the "old setup" with a limited number units being useful against air (before most units could target air units). This makes air more dangerous again.
- removed parrying ability from all melee units to reduce complexity
- added the flying Cacodemon. It can teleport over the whole map. Be aware!
- Cursed Shade will receive 25% of the dealt damage as bonus hps (health leach)
- removed map-features from the archive that are also included in Spring features
- redid the Mancubus texture and polished the model
- added a normal map for the cursed Belial and polished the model a little
- optimized the ghoul model: it is looking more "undeadcyborg" now and team colors are more obvious
- optimized melee weapons to better hit when obstacles are next to the target
- optimized melee weapons to better hit large objects
- added and replaced some sounds for the skeletal units
- jittering "cloaked effect" was removed for burrowed units
- implemented a shader that makes trees moving in the wind
- added simple circles to indicate aura coverage and tweaked the aura effects that were present before
- slightly optimized the build menue
- optimized the walking animation for imperial infantry and the cursed shade
- made team colors more visible for the imperial sniper
For additional information take a look into the Changelog.