An updated, fully playable demo showing the starting town, 2 satellite locations, and over 30 quests. New in this version: the alchemy system, quest changes...
The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, non-linear gameplay, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees.
The extended demo (the first two chapters of the game) is available for download to those who have pre-ordered the game.
The demo's content represents approximately 60% of the game and gives you:
- 10 locations: two towns where all the scheming, plotting, and back-stabbing take place, raiders’ camps, an ancient tomb, a tower of the Magi in a ruined city, the Abyss, which claimed many lives, a mountain pass protecting the southern towns from the barbarians of the wastes, and more.
- Over 100 hand-crafted fights (no filler combat), 130 if you count all variations
- Over 70 quests with multiple solutions, choices, and consequences
- over 100 characters you can talk to
- Over 350,000 words of dialogue (that would be a 1,300-page book)
- 6 mutually-exclusive questlines
- 40 different weapons, 15 different armor sets, dozens of other items (alchemical reagents, crafting components, artefacts, scrolls, throwing nets, etc)
- A lot of death screens
If you pre-ordered the game, use the links that were emailed to you to download the extended demo. If you were waiting for a good reason to pre-order, wait no further.
Either way, enjoy the demo.