Today I will be discussing future development, the eventual launch of A Step Into Darkness and details of all the new additions in major graphical rework the game has just gone under.
Starting with future development and the eventual launch. At the moment, as the main developer of the game I have upcoming exams, therefore I will be unable to both launch the game and release new information regarding the game etc. via Twitter often. After the 5 week period is over in mid-June I will return, prior to the release there will be one final closed-beta version to climate the few remaining bugs. While I would prefer to do this now, I must commit time to these exams.
Since the last update a new member has joined GameOrchard, Nicholas Ponomarev specializes in graphical engineering. He has since ported the game to Unity 5 and completely reworked the lighting and graphical effects. Some of his work can be found in the updated screenshots on the Stean Store page. (http://store.steampowered.com/app/578600) This update means the minimum and recommended specs will be adjusted.
The game has been translated into Spanish by Angel Luis Caballero, an localized update is on the way.
A new trailer is also in the works, releasing close to the game's completion in mid-June the trailer will feature a lot of gameplay from the newly reworked graphics.
Here are the upcoming patchnotes for the final release:
- Ported the game in the Unity 5 engine.
- Lighting effects reworked on every scene.
- Camera effects reworked on every scene.
- Added motion blur.
- Reworked the main menu, added new terrain texturing.
- Reworked forest terrain and textures.
- Reworked the introduction cutscene with the new graphics.
- Added dust particles to multiple scenes.
- Improved performance on all scenes.
- Added bottom to toppled tree in forest.
- Added a new bed in the underground scene.
- Adjusted vent floor, roof.
- Added multiple grates in the underground vent.
- Added truck engine sound effect in forest.
- Added heartbeat monitors.
- Fixed modelling issues with Martin's SUV.
- Fixed collision issues.
- Fixed UV issues with PC.
- Adjusted size of objects in underground.
- Fixed door models.
- Multiple minor design changes with hallways.
- Multiple other bug fixes.
- Added all trading cards.
That's it for this update. Next major news will be in around 5 weeks. Cannot wait to resume development and launch the game after my exams.
A Step Into Darkness Original Soundtrack launches on Steam for $4.99
Been a while since we got greenlit but A Step Into Darkness is finally near launch on Steam!
We got greenlit! Thank you all so much for getting A Step Into Darkness greenlit!
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Early Alpha version of Slender: A New Darkness for Mac.
Early Alpha version of Slender: A New Darkness for Windows.
Sound that player hears when in-game. Jungle Town and Basic Forest only have this sound.
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.