We just entered Steam Greenlight, here. That's my first time on Greenlight, and here are some thoughts so far:
- Community is fed up with survival games. I did my best to explain why I decided to develop a game in a popular genre, yet 30-35% voted No so far.
- Animated logo attracts attention. Placing there Marcy's face seems like a good idea, kind of a making it "personal" and creating eye contact.
- I knew I should decrease level of lens flares, and that was noted in the second comment as well. We will definitely do something with lens flares, that's not a Star Trek game after all.
- Creating trailer in Unreal Engine 4 is quite easy. Sequencer tool provides great control of the flow and actors. Feels like Adobe After Effects. Playing with camera settings somehow led to glitches, when there are multiple cameras on the scene, engine even crashed twice, but all and all, making those video shots was by far the most interesting part of the week.
- I messed up with facial animations, and Marcy lost couple of her morphs on the way. Here is an in-game animation to compare:
Will fix her face next week.