After months of wait, we got a new version of Pokémon3D: version 0.53.
This one has a lot of new features, bug fixes and changes. There’s a list that contains them all, just keep reading.
If you want to play the game, download the launcher here!
If you now want to know what has changed, here’s the list:
- Added missing textures for some Pokémon
- Applied some magic to third person particle effects
- Rewamped the overworld camera system. It now supports turning in one direction without walking. Also the transition between third and first person has been redone.
- Added cries of wild Pokémon from the map to appear in the background when walking around.
- Added new battle weather effect: Snow, which boosts Ice type moves.
- Added Shiny Charm and Oval Charm items.
- The camera now centers its horizontal orientation when a dialogue comes up.
- Added click sound for dialogues
- Added bump sound when running into things in third person
- Added Route 9 and Route 10 battles maps
- Added battle weather icon for foggy weather
- Added PC to the Kanto daycare
- Added backdrops to Chrono Island
- Rewamped the PM system and chat screen: a user can send PMs to different users by typing /pm . These conversations will open in new tabs. Players don’t need to type /pm in front of the messages when they are in a PM chat, the typed message will be sent to the current chat always.
- Added a “new message” indicator outside of the chat screen.
- Added Tab-Completion for names for all server-commands (/kick , /pm , /list )
- Added Dig and Teleport field moves.
- Added player statistics for amount of times “Cut” has been used.
- Added Keyboard and Controller controls to the GameJolt login screen.
- Added the possibility to load more levels of Offset maps at once. This has to be enabled in the options.dat file (set MaxOffsetLevels higher).
- Added camera focusing
- Added Faraway Island
- Added Volcanion
- Added Cinnabar Island
- Added Viridian Gym
- Added Seafoam Islands
- Added dock map for Chrono and Fortune Island.
- Added access to Pallet Town and added its buildings.
- Added Routes 19 through 21.
- Added Mewtwo battle to Cerulean Cave
- Added Zapdos to the Power Plant
- Added Frustration and Return TMs to Goldenrod.
- Added room behind the waterfall in Tohjo Falls.
- Added @text.color, @screen.setfade, and extensions
- Added snow textures to Ice Path and Ice Fall Cave entrances.
- Added extra data validation for the GameJolt saving process.
- Added ThunderStorm weather (WeatherID = 6, Envir
- Added own UrlEncode implementation, removing the System.Web assemlby reference, allowing the game to be run on the .Net 4.0 Client profile again.
- Added the ability for GameMode makers to include an additional parameter at a Pokédex definition, “1” or “0”, if that Pokédex should include all national Pokémon the player has seen/caught.
- Added National Pokédex
- Added a speedboat animation when traveling between islands.
- Added shiny menu sprites for all Pokémon
- Added effect to Leppa Berries
- Added battle maps for Chrono and Boon Island
- Added value dump to log output
- Added four new emblems: Volcano, Earth, Shooting Star and Genetics
- Updated the script library to the current version.
- Made player list sort after player name
- Made Pokémon name color golden if shiny in the Battle Menu
- Update the position and rotation of other players on the server while being in the chat interface
- The player doesn’t black out after losing to a Kolben staff member in the Kolben Tower and after battles in the Trainer house.
- The player’s party gets healed after a fight with a Kolben staff member in the Kolben Tower and after battles in the Trainer house.
- Instead of “Hailstorm”, the battle weather is “Snow” by default if it snows in the overworld.
- Changed Kanto default battle map
- At the end of a won battle, the own Pokémon doesn’t take poison/burn etc. damage anymore.
- The camera now turns correctly after entering a warp that turns the player.
- The player list in the Join server screen now clamps into the screen.
- Made drawn gradients render faster
- Made the chat scroll system useable for humans.
- The Debug console is now showing on the top left of the screen, has a smaller text font and scales with the window size / length of the messages.
- Updated the Fly and Escape Rope animations
- Removed the player’s walk cycle animation while sliding on Ice.
- Made the camera focus on trainers spotting the player
- Disabled camera perspective change while a script is running.
- Optimized Route 17, 22.
- Improved script execution speed
- Updated Route 25 with some trees.
- Added cries for some Overworld Pokémon.
- Added “Extreme Speed” move to Rapidash.
- Changed item spots for the Dungeon
- Changed TM stores to have different TMs.
- Added sounds to the grunt in the Cerulean Gym.
- Added smooth transition to the Pokedex entry screen from the battle.
- Removed white battle intros during dark levels.
- Changed Diglett’s Cave design
- Spots on the map the player can not fly to are grayed out now.
- Changed keyboard input methods to native user32.dll utilization.
- Applied a few changes to the Cerulean Cave to reduce the challenge a bit.
- Electivire can now learn Dig.
- Changed the Battle map in Ice Fall Cave.
- HMs now appear at the top of the list when searched after value
- Removed seasons affecting the plants in the Celadon gym
- Changed the Johto-Pokédex to not include national Pokémon anymore.
- The Goldenrod Underground now saves the position of the doors.
- Changed the Behaviour of the Elite 4 guards
- Made Barriers float deeper in water
- Replaced “Bill’s PC” with “Someone’s PC” when the player has yet to meet Bill in Ecruteak City.
- Changed boat model to have a door on the correct side
- Fixed Machamps wrong devolution
- Fixed even more bugs with the new trade screen
- Fixed player list appearing behind buttons in the Join Server screen
- Fixed wrong text for the Ability Capsule item
- Fixed Rhyperior’s Pokédex entry
- Fixed Poliwags evolution condition
- Fixed trainer names in the win scene of the Bug Contest
- Fixed trainer names in the contacts of the Pokégear
- Fixed a large amount of typos in the Battle Frontier trainer dialogues
- Fixed unlimited explosion TMs
- Fixed camera glitch where the player could walk through the bookshelfes in Prof. Elms lab.
- Fixed weather in Safari Zone.
- Fixed wrong third person camera setting in rival cutscene
- Fixed water warp heights
- Fixed unlimited Lucky Punches
- Fixed Beat Up move
- Fixed dispositioned Genesect sprite
- Fixed battle weather taking the weather from the wrong maps
- Fixed transparent player when walking down stairs.
- Fixed caps “RIDE” after using Ride.
- Fixed messed up priorities for events after taking a step.
- Fixed mouse visibility problem when logging in to GameJolt.
- Fixed Archeops’ sprite
- Fixed Air Slash being a Physical move.
- Fixed too short battle map for Ice Path
- Fixed not being able to click a move in the battle menu when its PP is 0.
- Fixed text overflow for Abra in the Pokémon league and signs in Celadon City.
- Fixed genders of certain trainers in Battle Frontier.
- Fixed Miltanks on Route 39 not having cries.
- Fixed Metapod’s hidden ability.
- Fixed a script state getting stuck when walking down a stairs right after walking above a script trigger.
- Fixed Battle Tower messages when starting with too few Pokémon.
- Fixed Noctowl devolution
- Fixed overflowing text of trainer on Route 8
- Fixed Ladder blocks in Diglett’s Cave.
- Fixed missing screen fade for Sailor on Memorial Pillar.
- Fixed inaccurate gender calculation.
- Fixed PP items getting used up even though the PP are full.
- Fixed Pokedex Entires in Battle Factory
- Fixed Porygon register in Kolben Tower
- Fixed Wing items exceeding the 510 EV per Pokémon limit.
- Fixed Ecruteak’s mart using the wrong script.
- Fixed Saffron city gym warp script performance.
- Fixed Y button on the XBox 360 controller not sorting Inventory
- Fixed wrong music playing in the gates that connect to Fuchsia city
- Fixed network requests blocking the main GUI thread.
- Fixed math conversion issues.
- Fixed not getting a Premier Ball when buying more than 10 Poké Balls at once.
- Fixed wrong/missing Apricorn trees
- Fixed line wraps in text from SS Aqua NPCs
- Fixed line wraps in text from Eusine in Vermilion City
- Fixed wrong sprite for a trainer on the SS Aqua
- Fixed Pressure allowing moves to get to -1 PP
- Fixed crash in Cerulean Dept store
- Fixed a “?” char showing up when renaming genderless Pokémon.
- Fixed Gallades Shiny sprite
- Fixed Floor sign in 5F of the Radio Tower showing incorrect texture from the side
- Fixed rebattle of some members in Kolben Tower not activating
- Fixed line wrap for one Safari Explanation dialogue
- Fixed closing the PC menu with the back button opening the game menu directly after
- Fixed EXP bar showing up in PVP and Battle Tower and lagging the game.
- Fixed certain battle messages disconnecting players from PVP battles.
- Fixed a crash in PVP when transfering messages from client to host.
And if anyone is interested, we also updated the server to protocol version 0.5, which has these optimizations:
- Fixed stream collision
- Added player status to player list
- Adjusted PM handling to comply with the new client side PM system.
- Added player listing via GameJolt IDGameJolt players can no longer change their name to bypass any listings.
- It only displays the last 1000 lines in the log to prevent overflow.
- Added /clear command which clears the output.
- The cursor now jumps to the start of the last line, not to the end, so the textbox doesn’t scroll to the right.
The update will be live in a few minutes and by default, your launcher will notify you that it is out.
//The Pokémon3D Team
11 months ago
A little follow-up-date (wohoo jokes) to Pokémon3D version 0.52.
11 months ago
Pokémon3D got updated to version 0.52.
You need the new launcher to play this and upcoming versions of the game!
1 year ago
After a long wait, Pokémon3D version 0.50(.1) is finally here.
1 year ago
And a new version of Pokémon3D: 0.49
What did we add this time? Who knows.