It is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explore, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, conquer the land.
We've fixed the bugs from a0.52 as well as added a lot of requested features. The full change list is within. Torrent also available.
1. Marker on the ground when digging
2. Faster fps when panning camera, and faster fps in general
3. Better AI pathfinding
4. Fixed storyline bugs
5. Fixed the crash bug when building
6. Control style 2 added (uncheck the camera follow option in the options menu)
7. Invert camera options
8. Delete built voxels with alt-click
9. Free camera mode when building (press f, then use the awsd controls)
10. Caves (not final)
11. Story tweak with Gerdy's start missions
12. High tech headlamp
13. More pronounced differences between tools
14. More pronounced differences between timber resources among different sized trees
15. More pronounced stat differences among large and small animals of the same species
16. Death animation will be faster and you can now use the revival shot
17. Docile animals won't continue to attack you after you revive
18. Tweaks to devilwolves and wolfrinos, added another animal in the forest
19. Animal bodies will stay for 1 min before disappearing
20. NPCs now have weapons so that they don't just punch, they'll also always help you if you start taking hits.
21. Loading the adventure and build maps received a considerable speed boost (less than 20 sec for 512X512 maps)
22. Rewrote the flora code, now it looks pretty darn good, especially the forest.
23. Changed the font so now it's very clear.